The New Normal: What Every American Business Needs to Know to Succeed in China — Atlanta
Date: May 11, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. EST
Contact: Lamar Dixon, 404.407.3611 - Lamar.Dixon@ThompsonHine.com
In association with Hui Ye Law Firm, Frazier & Deeter LLC and the DeKalb Chamber of Commerce, Thompson Hine LLP is pleased to invite you to a half-day seminar covering a wide variety of topics that are vital to U.S. businesses operating (or considering operating) in China. Please join us for a valuable session on how firms can identify and take advantage of opportunities while mitigating risk in one of the world’s largest emerging markets.
Program: 1 - 5 p.m.
One Alliance Center, Conference Center
3500 Lenox Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
Reception: 5:15 - 7:30 p.m.
Thompson Hine LLP, Two Alliance Center, Suite 1600
3560 Lenox Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30326
1:00 - 1:15 – Welcome and Introductions
- Gary S. Freed, Partner, Thompson Hine LLP (Moderator)
- Warren Wen, Partner, Hui Ye Law Firm
- David A. Deeter, Founding Partner, Frazier & Deeter, LLC
- Katerina Y. Taylor, President & CEO, DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
1:15 - 1:35 – Intellectual Property and Anti-Corruption Efforts
- Paulo Guo, Partner, Hui Ye Law Firm
1:35 - 1:55 – International Tax Planning and Corporate Governance
- Edgar Moore, Jr., Partner, Frazier & Deeter LLC
1:55 - 2:15 – Chinese Investment in the United States
- John Ling, Managing Director – Asia Office, South Carolina Department of Commerce
2:15 - 2:25 – Break
2:25 - 2:55 – Technology and Trade: New Investment Opportunities in China
- Gregory D. Chafee, Partner, Thompson Hine LLP
2:55 - 3:15 – Health Care and Welfare Opportunities
- Marco Chan, CEO, AmAsia3 Corp.
3:15 - 3:35 – Financing System in China
- Tory Shuning Li, Visiting Research Scholar, Cornell University;
Deputy General Manager, China Orient Asset Management Company
3:35 - 4:05 – Chinese Currency and Free Trade Zones
- Henry Yu, Managing Director, Global Financial Institution-Asia,
Fifth Third Bank
4:05 - 5:00 – Panel Discussion and Q&A
5:15 - 7:30 – Cocktail Reception at Thompson Hine's Offices
This seminar is complimentary but please register online by May 8th to reserve your spot.
Questions? Please contact Lamar Dixon at 404.407.3611.