Recent CFIUS Developments: Regulatory Changes and Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on National Security Concerns
Date: May 27, 2020
Time: 2:00 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. ET
Contact: Stacy Weiner, 202.263.4184 - Stacy.Weiner@ThompsonHine.com
Please join partners Francesca M.S. Guerrero and Samir D. Varma for a webinar focusing on key developments related to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS). In 2020, CFIUS published final regulations and changed its operations in order to fully implement the updated national security review process of foreign investments in the United States as set forth in the Foreign Investment Risk Review Modernization Act of 2018. In addition, the COVID-19 pandemic has raised new potential national security concerns, which could impact CFIUS reviews.
During the webinar we will cover:
- The expanded scope of CFIUS’s “covered transactions”
- Non-passive investments in Technology, Infrastructure and Data (TID) U.S. businesses
- Real estate located in sensitive areas
- New mandatory filings for investments in critical technology and substantial interest investments by a foreign government
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on national security concerns
- New areas to be considered critical infrastructure
- Bankruptcies and loan defaults subject to review
- New filing fees effective May 1
Please register online to receive instructions for joining the webinar. CLE credit will be requested for this program.