Opportunities & A Couple of Minefields – Impacts of Tax Reform on Real Estate Development – Cleveland
Date: May 03, 2018
Time: 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. ET
Contact: Alice Armstrong, 216.566.5404 - Alice.Armstrong@ThompsonHine.com
A complimentary seminar presented by PwC, Project Management Consultants and Thompson Hine
The signing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) lowered business and individual tax rates, and provided the most significant overhaul of the U.S. tax code in more than 30 years. Please join us for an in-depth conversation about a variety of provisions in the TCJA that significantly impact the real estate industry, most positively and some negatively. Topics will include:
- New deductions for income from pass-through businesses
- Limits on interest deductions
- Changes in cost recovery rules
- Carried interest
- International changes
- Shaking up the capital stack: change in treatment of grants
- Remember Enterprise Zones? Why Opportunity Zones are likely better for real estate development
- OK - Those are the rules. How could this play out in the market?
These issues and more will be addressed by our panelists:
- Jill Loftus, Partner, PwC
- Steven Weisenburger, Director, PwC
- Tom Callahan, Partner, Thompson Hine
- Tracey Nichols, Director of Financial Services, Project Management Consultants
We will have ample time for your questions. After the program, please stay for a reception and refreshments, and enjoy networking and our fabulous views.
3:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Registration & networking
4:00 – 5:30 p.m.
5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Please register online by April 27. Parking in the Memorial Parking Garage will be validated.