Navigating Employment & Employee Benefits Issues in Uncertain Times – Session 1
Date: November 05, 2020
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. ET
Contact: Laura Montgomery, 216.566.7469 - Laura.Montgomery@ThompsonHine.com
COVID-19’s Impact on the Workplace & Employees: A Case Study
As the year draws to a close and businesses begin planning for the year ahead, we are presenting a series of three lunchtime webinars offering updates and guidance on important employment and employee benefits issues and developments.
In this session, we present a case study looking at issues that arise as employers struggle to manage employees both inside and outside the workplace during the pandemic while complying with a new array of laws, regulations and guidance regarding workplace safety, leave, disability accommodation and other matters. We will explore the following topics:
- Requests for leave and flexible schedules related to COVID-19, including compliance with FFCRA, state paid and unpaid leave laws, and related FLSA issues
- Workplace safety concerns, compliance with CDC guidelines, states’ reopening guidance, and potential legal exposure under federal and state law and for workers’ compensation
- Managing employees who are working from home, including addressing performance issues and protecting trade secrets
- Travel restrictions, quarantines and possible employment policy modifications
Please click here to register and receive instructions on how to join the webinar.
Our upcoming sessions (you must register separately for each):
- November 12 – Session 2: Employee Benefits Updates: Retirement Plans, Health & Welfare Plans and ERISA Litigation
- November 19 – Session 3: Hot Topics in Employment: Wage & Hour, Immigration and More
CLE and HRCI credit will be requested for all three sessions.