IM Coffee Chat - Session Seventeen: Considerations for Fund Governance
Date: May 19, 2021
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. ET
Contact: Elise Hoffer, 513.352.6748 - Elise.Hoffer@ThompsonHine.com
A complimentary webinar presented by Thompson Hine LLP
Join us for a mid-morning break each Wednesday to chat about hot topics and trends relevant to your business. Our concise and practical discussions will focus on a variety of developments that impact financial service industries, and we’ll offer insights and considerations that will certainly be of interest to you.
Wednesday, May 19
10:30 – 11:00 a.m. ET
Session Seventeen: Considerations for Fund Governance
Effective board governance is critical to an asset owner’s success. In this session, we will examine governance practices and strategic approaches that boards can take to help maintain the checks and balances. Our discussion will cover the principal governance issues facing boards today, the characteristics of high-functioning boards, the desirability of term limits or mandatory retirement ages, and the differences between the board responsibilities of a series trust and those of a proprietary trust.
- How can a board member effectively assess and address risk?
- What is the ideal number of board members and how should they be allocated among independent and interested directors?
- Where does a board member’s responsibility fit among the roles of other board members, officers, and service providers?
- Board education—how can a board improve itself?
- What are the unique challenges that boards of series trusts face?
- Philip B. Sineneng, Senior Managing Associate, Thompson Hine
- James Jensen, CEO, ClearWater Law & Governance Group
Upcoming program in this series (you must register separately for each):
Contact Elise Hoffer