IM Coffee Chat - Session Fourteen - The Current State of Private Equity
Date: April 29, 2021
Time: 10:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. ET
Contact: Elise Hoffer, 513.352.6748 - Elise.Hoffer@ThompsonHine.com
In this special Thursday edition, join us for a mid-morning break to chat about hot topics and trends relevant to your business. Our concise and practical discussions will focus on a variety of developments that impact the financial services industry, and we’ll offer insights and considerations that will certainly be of interest to you.
In this edition of our Coffee Chat series, we will meet with fund founder Anthony Scaramucci to examine trends in private equity. Our panel will discuss how PE is responding to digital currency disruption, what the Biden administration means for practitioners, and the pandemic's effect on private investment. With the extent of its impact still uncertain, our panel will share their perspectives on what's ahead for PE markets and their regulation, and potential shifts in sectors including health care and technology.
We will discuss:
- PE activity – hot/cold sectors
- Is digital currency ready for its PE moment?
- What do the Coinbase IPO, crypto bans, and Bitcoin ETF rejections tell us about what’s ahead?
- Impact of the pandemic and politics on 2021 PE markets
- Wish list for White House PE policy
- Anthony Scaramucci, Founder & Managing Partner, SkyBridge Capital
- Richard S. Heller, Partner, Thompson Hine
- Marc B. Minor, Senior Counsel, Thompson Hine
Upcoming program in this series (you must register separately for each):
- May 5 – Private Equity in the Registered Fund Structure