From India to Atlanta: Smart City Solutions
Date: May 24, 2018
Time: 4:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. ET
Contact: Jacqueline Chavez, 404.407.3611 - Jacqueline.Chavez@ThompsonHine.com
Presented by the Georgia Indo-American Chamber of Commerce, the Technology Association of Georgia’s International Business Society, Skipping Stone LLC and Thompson Hine LLP
“Smart cities” – urban areas that leverage advanced technology and real-time data to optimize everything from traffic light patterns to residential use of solar energy – hold enormous potential to make our lives healthier, safer and more convenient. And the importance of developing smart cities will only increase in the coming years: The United Nations projects that by 2050, 66 percent of the world’s population will be urban.
Please join us as we dive into this topic and explore multiple smart city issues, including best-use cases, funding and cybersecurity.
The Honorable Nagesh Singh, Consul General of India in Atlanta, will deliver our keynote address and provide insight into the ways India and the United States can leverage each other’s knowledge in implementing smart city projects.
We will also hear from representatives of Atlanta companies that are working in the smart city space. Our panelists will include:
- Dr. Hari Eppanapally, Vice President, Global InfoTech Division, Bank of New York Mellon
- Scott Jenkins, General Manager, Mercedes Benz Stadium
- John McDonald, Director, Technical Strategy and Development, GE Digital Energy
- Denise Quarles, Chief City Executive, Siemens
- Stephanie Stuckey, Chief Resilience Officer, City of Atlanta
- Prasanna Venkatesan, President and CEO, Landis + Gyr Americas
Our co-moderators will be:
- Ross Malme, Partner, Skipping Stone
- Greg Chafee, Partner, Thompson Hine
4:00 – 4:30 p.m. – Registration
4:30 – 6:00 p.m. – Program
6:00 – 7:30 p.m. – Networking Reception
Registration and the program will be held in the 4th floor conference center. Please plan to stay after the program for a networking reception in our unique 16th floor lounge, where we will continue the conversation and enjoy premium cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
This program is complimentary, but please register online by May 18 to reserve your seat.