FCPA Compliance Audits — Webinar
Date: July 24, 2015
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. EST
Contact: Clear Law Institute, 703.372.0550
As the U.S. Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission continue to aggressively enforce the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), their expectations of companies’ compliance programs continue to grow. It’s no longer sufficient to have an FCPA compliance program on paper and periodically train employees about it; the government expects companies operating in higher-risk geographies to actually monitor compliance and prevent and detect violations. One of the key ways companies can address these expectations is by conducting internal anti-corruption audits.
In this webinar, you will learn about key considerations and practical challenges of anti-corruption internal audits, such as:
- Which countries should be included in compliance assessment efforts, and why? How many should be done, and how often?
- Who should lead the audits, and should lawyers be involved? Why? Can an internal audit be performed under privilege?
- When should anti-corruption audits be scheduled, and what should their scope be?
- How can organizations keep audit costs down while getting ‘bang for the buck?’
- David A. Wilson, Partner-in-Charge of our Washington, D.C. office
- Peter Viksnins, Managing Director, Grant Thornton LLP’s Forensic, Investigative & Dispute Services practice
- View the live session and/or recording for six months on your computer, tablet or smartphone
- $199 per person – use code GT35 for a 35% discount
- CLE: Clear Law Institute is an approved provider in several states. When you register, you will enter the state(s) for which you are seeking CLE credit. In the unlikely event that your state does not approve the webinar for CLE credit, Clear Law Institute will refund your registration fee.