Crisis Management Strategies for Attorneys & Their Companies – Cincinnati
Date: September 13, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. EDT
Contact: Elise Hoffer, 513.352.6748 - Elise.Hoffer@ThompsonHine.com
In these days of 24/7 instant news, lawyers and their companies cannot simply sit back and wait for the legal process to run its course – they must proactively defend their organizations in a wide variety of venues as well as media outlets. This seminar will help general counsel and in-house attorneys to be prepared to preserve, protect and mitigate damage to their companies’ reputations.
Thompson Hine Partner Heather M. Hawkins will start the program with an overview of the canons and case law surrounding the relationship between public relations (PR) activities, PR counsel and management of the media, often a critical component of case strategy in litigation practice.
Hennes Communications Managing Partner Bruce M. Hennes will then dive deeper into the following topics:
- The current media landscape: traditional/legacy media vs. new media
- The difference between legal challenges and reputational challenges
- The importance of collaboration between legal and public relations departments
- What to consider when responding to a crisis
- Use of the “Damage Control Playbook”
- How to avoid making common mistakes with reporters
We look forward to seeing you. Please register online for this complimentary program by September 7.
8:00 – 8:30 a.m.
Registration, networking & continental breakfast
8:30 – 10:00 a.m.
CLE credit (1.5 hours) has been requested for Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.