2014 Professional Conduct/Ethics Seminar — Washington, D.C.
Date: November 07, 2014
Time: 12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST
Contact: Alice Armstrong, 216.566.5404 - Alice.Armstrong@ThompsonHine.com
Please join us for our annual complimentary continuing education program. The presentation will be of great interest to in-house counsel, outside counsel, transactional attorneys and litigators alike.
- View from the Bench – Judge Janet Burnside: Cuyahoga County Common Pleas Court Judge Janet Burnside will talk about the meaning of "professionalism" in the practice of law.
- Mental Health in the Legal Profession – Dr. Scott Bea: Scott Bea, Psy.D. will discuss stress and its harmful effects, as well as strategies for lawyers to reduce worry, limit frustration and promote well-being. Dr. Bea will also discuss the Ohio Lawyers’ Assistance Program as a resource for the legal community.
- Legal Ethics in Contract Negotiation – Karen E. Rubin, Esq.: Karen Rubin will speak on the ethics challenges presented during contract negotiations. Ms. Rubin will utilize interactive polling devices during the presentation of negotiation scenarios to enable audience interaction and reinforce the ethics topics discussed.
Registration begins 30 minutes before each session. 2.5 hours of CLE credit has been requested for Georgia, Kentucky, New York, Ohio and Virginia.
Schedule of sessions:
You can register for any session using this online form.
- November 7: Washington, D.C. – Noon-3:00 p.m. (Recorded)
- December 3: Atlanta, GA – 2:00-5:00 p.m. (Recorded)
- December 9: Columbus, OH – 9:00 a.m.-Noon (Recorded)
- December 11: Dayton, OH – 1:00-4:00 p.m. (Recorded)
- December 11: New York, NY – 2:00-5:00 p.m. (Recorded)
- December 12: Cleveland, OH – 1:00-4:00 p.m. (Recorded)
- December 16: Columbus, OH – 2:00-5:00 p.m. (Recorded)
- December 17: Cincinnati, OH – 9:00 a.m.-Noon (Recorded)