Our mission is to ensure that Thompson Hine continues to serve as a pacesetter in the advancement and promotion of women within our firm, the legal profession and the broader business community.
To accomplish this mission, we are committed to:
- celebrating the growing presence of women decision makers in law and business
- attracting, retaining and advancing talented women at our firm by offering a supportive culture that fosters professional growth and leadership
- creating and facilitating development and networking opportunities for women, both within and outside of our firm
- showcasing the skills, experience and accomplishments of our women lawyers and leaders
- establishing and sharing best practices for the advancement, promotion and retention of women in the workplace
- partnering with local, regional and national organizations with similar missions
Here is a sampling of our most recent awards and honors:
- Thompson Hine was selected by WomenInc. magazine as one of its 2019 Top 100 Law Firms for Women.
- Thompson Hine was ranked among the Best of 2018 for promoting women to partner by Diversity & Flexibility Alliance.
- For a sixth straight year, Thompson Hine received Gold Standard Certification from The Women in Law Empowerment Forum, one of only 31 U.S. law firms to qualify in 2016. Law firms with 300 or more practicing lawyers in the United States are eligible for the certification if they successfully demonstrate that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, of their highest leadership positions, of their governance and compensation committees, and of their most highly compensated partners.
- Thompson Hine was ranked #22 on Vault.com’s 2016 list of the country’s 25 Best Law Firms for Women. The firm also was recognized as one of the 25 Best Law Firms in the Midwest. Vault’s rankings are based on surveys of active employees and independent feedback received from current and former employees.
- Thompson Hine was named to Law360’s 2015 list of the 100 Best Law Firms for Female Attorneys, which ranks the best U.S. law firms for women, based on a firm’s female representation at the partner and nonpartner levels and its total number of female attorneys.
- The Euromoney Legal Media Group Americas Women in Business Law Awards in 2014 honored Thompson Hine for a second consecutive year as the best national firm for talent management for its Spotlight on Leaders program. In addition, the firm was shortlisted in six categories – best national firm for women in business law, best gender diversity initiative by a national firm, best mentoring program, best national firm for diversity, best firm for work-life balance and best firm in the U.S. Midwest. In 2012, the firm’s Women’s Initiative, Spotlight on Women®, was recognized as the best gender diversity initiative by a national firm.
- The Ohio Women’s Bar Association named Thompson Hine the OWBA Family Friendly Award recipient for 2013-2014. The award recognizes the firm for being a pacesetter in implementing best practices to enhance the career and personal success of the professionals working for the firm.
- Thompson Hine was selected as one of the 2013 Working Mother and Flex-Time Lawyers 50 Best Law Firms for Women, recognizing family-friendly policies and business development initiatives designed to retain women and advance them in the leadership pipeline. This is the third year in a row Thompson Hine has received this honor.