The supportive environment at Thompson Hine has allowed me to grow my national environmental practice and build strong, sustainable client relationships.
- Heidi B. Friedman, Partner
We are proud of our process, which has received national recognition. According to a survey of lateral partners, Lateral Partner Satisfaction: A Decade of Perspective, Thompson Hine ranked among the top four firms in the country (firms of fewer than 500 lawyers) both in general satisfaction and in integration effectiveness.
Our successful integration process includes a customized integration plan created for each new lateral partner focusing on:
- A structured orientation process designed to create a seamless operational and functional transition.
- Staff resources available to support the process.
- Strategic trips to other offices providing formal introduction to key lawyers, including the individuals with whom you will practice, as well as Client Service Team leaders and Practice Group leaders.
- Networking with others in the Firm with similar backgrounds and clients.
- An opportunity to be introduced to clients of the Firm while providing you with the necessary resources to introduce the Firm's lawyers to your clients.
- Lateral Spotlights in print and in person to showcase your experience.
- Understanding the vision and goals of your practice group and how your practice can support and be supported by these goals.
- Welcome events.
- Ongoing support and involvement of the lateral's Practice Group leader and the Executive Committee.
- An introduction to the Firm and its culture, including its Client Service Pledge.
- Encouragement and support to become involved in Firm committees, events, etc.