Thompson Hine traces its origination back to 1893 when Amos Burt (A.B.) Thompson, an enterprising, self-taught attorney, was admitted to the Ohio Bar and established a commercial law practice in downtown Cleveland. Mr. Thompson went into partnership first with Charles P. Hine and later, in 1911, with Walter L. Flory, whereupon the firm adopted the name it kept for 90 years, Thompson, Hine and Flory.
From a small office in Cleveland, we have expanded to eight locations including Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, and Dayton, Ohio; New York, New York; and Washington, D.C. Today, Thompson Hine is among the largest business law firms in the United States.
Having shortened our name to Thompson Hine in 2001, we remain proud of the firm's heritage and its longstanding reputation for excellence.
For more information on the firm's history, please see our Firm Facts page.