Awards & Honors
Here are some of our recent awards and honors:
- Thompson Hine again earned the top rating of 100 percent and recognition as a “Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality” on the 2020 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), an annual survey administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. Employers earning top ratings took concrete steps to ensure greater equity for LGBTQ workers and their families in the form of comprehensive policies, benefits and practices.
- Thompson Hine was ranked among the Best of 2018 for promoting women to partner by Diversity & Flexibility Alliance.
- Thompson Hine received DRI’s Law Firm Diversity Award, which honors a firm that demonstrates a significant commitment to diversity through policies, practices and civic contributions.
- Thompson Hine was ranked #22 on Vault.com’s list of the country’s 25 Best Law Firms for Women. Vault’s rankings are based on surveys of active employees and independent feedback received from current and former employees.
- For a sixth straight year, Thompson Hine received Gold Standard Certification from The Women in Law Empowerment Forum, one of only 31 U.S. law firms to qualify in 2016. Law firms with 300 or more practicing lawyers in the United States are eligible for the certification if they successfully demonstrate that women represent a meaningful percentage of their equity partners, of their highest leadership positions, of their governance and compensation committees, and of their most highly compensated partners.
- Thompson Hine was named to Law360’s 2015 list of the 100 Best Law Firms for Female Attorneys, which ranks the best U.S. law firms for women, based on a firm’s female representation at the partner and nonpartner levels and its total number of female attorneys.
- Thompson Hine was named to the Commission 50, an annual recognition of progress in creating, enhancing and sustaining diversity and inclusion strategies, by the Commission on Economic Inclusion, a program of the Greater Cleveland Partnership. The firm also received the Commission’s Best-in-Class Award for Middle Market Senior Management Diversity for “building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive organization.” Thompson Hine is the first law firm to receive a Best-in-Class award from the Commission.
- The Ohio Women’s Bar Association named Thompson Hine the OWBA Family Friendly Award recipient. The award recognizes the firm for being a pacesetter in implementing best practices to enhance the career and personal success of the professionals working for the firm.
- Thompson Hine received a Diversity Leader Award from Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- Thompson Hine received an Award of Excellence from Profiles in Diversity Journal as part of its International Innovation in Diversity awards.
- Thompson Hine received two inaugural Diversity & Inclusion Innovation Awards presented by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, developed to recognize and celebrate individuals and organizations that are building genuine cultures of inclusion within their respective spheres of influence. Former managing partner David J. Hooker was awarded the Diversity & Inclusion Pioneer Award, given to a lawyer who has pioneered and/or championed diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. Thompson Hine received the Diversity & Inclusion Trailblazer Award, awarded to a law firm or corporate legal department that contributes to an inclusive culture for its workforce, with its clients and/or within the community.