Awards & Honors
Here are some of our recent awards and honors:
- Thompson Hine again earned the top rating of 100 percent and recognition as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality” on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), an annual survey administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. The CEI measures an employer’s commitment to policies, practices and protections pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) employees.
- Thompson Hine received DRI’s 2016 Law Firm Diversity Award, which honors a firm that demonstrates a significant commitment to diversity through policies, practices and civic contributions.
- Thompson Hine was ranked #20 on Vault.com’s 2015 list of the country’s 25 Best Law Firms for Diversity and #13 on the list of the 25 Best Law Firms for Women. Vault’s rankings are based on surveys of active employees and independent feedback received from current and former employees.
- Thompson Hine was named to the 2015 Commission 50, an annual recognition of progress in creating, enhancing and sustaining diversity and inclusion strategies, by the Commission on Economic Inclusion, a program of the Greater Cleveland Partnership. The firm also received the Commission’s 2011 Best-in-Class Award for Middle Market Senior Management Diversity for “building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive organization.” Thompson Hine is the first law firm to receive a Best-in-Class award from the Commission.
- Thompson Hine received a 2013 Diversity Leader Award from Profiles in Diversity Journal.
- Thompson Hine received an Award of Excellence from Profiles in Diversity Journal as part of its 2012 International Innovation in Diversity awards.
- Thompson Hine received two inaugural Diversity & Inclusion Innovation Awards presented by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, developed to recognize and celebrate individuals and organizations that are building genuine cultures of inclusion within their respective spheres of influence. Former managing partner David J. Hooker was awarded the 2012 Diversity & Inclusion Pioneer Award, given to a lawyer who has pioneered and/or championed diversity and inclusion in the legal profession. Thompson Hine received the 2012 Diversity & Inclusion Trailblazer Award, awarded to a law firm or corporate legal department that contributes to an inclusive culture for its workforce, with its clients and/or within the community.