Product safety laws and regulations govern literally thousands of consumer products across a wide variety of industries. We assist a diverse range of manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, private labelers, retailers, and other businesses that deal with consumer products with compliance issues, recalls, reporting requirements and related litigation.
- Coordinating an international recall on behalf of a global telecommunications company and advising on related issues.
- Advising on regulatory and product liability issues in numerous transactions involving medical device and consumer product companies, including a $5 billion acquisition of a pharmaceutical company and a $1 billion licensing transaction.
- Providing regulatory and risk prevention counseling for a Dutch medical device company in obtaining U.S. FDA approval for a new device.
- Representing Australian and Canadian blood services organizations in defense of class actions involving transfusion transmitted diseases.
- Representing a global luxury goods manufacturer on U.S. and international regulatory compliance and liability prevention matters.
- Representing a global consumer products company on compliance with European Union directives.
Surprise! The EU Notified Body Auditors Are Here! Is Your Firm Prepared for an Unannounced Audit? - Product Liability Update
September 05, 2014