Private Equity & Venture Capital Funds
We have comprehensive experience advising fund managers, investors, and operating companies on business, legal, regulatory, and tax matters, including:
- Representing fund sponsors and principals in the formation and structuring of a wide variety of investment funds including buy-out, venture capital, fund-of-funds, distressed, real estate, asset-backed securities, late stage, offshore, and secondary funds.
- Representing fund sponsors and principals in offering fund interests to prospective investors, including advising on private placement memoranda and compliance with private placement legal requirements under U.S. and state securities laws.
- Representing general partners in all aspects of the formation, structuring, and daily operations of fund management entities, including advising on all matters related to management, control, compensation, and vesting arrangements.
- Representing institutional investors in connection with investments in private equity funds, including advising on business, ERISA, state pension plan, foreign investor, bank holding company, and tax issues.
- Advising general and limited partners on legal and regulatory requirements and exemptions under the Securities Act of 1933, the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, the Investment Company Act of 1940, and state securities laws.
- Representing funds in connection with portfolio investments, including operating companies, venture capital companies, distressed assets and real estate related assets.
- Representing funds in connection with portfolio company investments and acquisitions, including management buy-outs, leveraged buy-outs, complex international transactions, “public-to-private” deals and other structured financing transactions, and conducting extensive due diligence in connection with such transactions.
- Advising funds, management entities and operating companies on reorganizations, restructurings and workouts.
- Advising funds on exit strategies and transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, recapitalizations and secondary transactions.
- Representing early-stage operating companies in obtaining financing from angel investors and venture capital funds.
- Representing portfolio companies in mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings and day-to-day operational matters.