Planning & Zoning
Our clients rely on us to represent them in zoning and development disputes in front of federal, state and local governing bodies. We have represented developers, hospitals, corporations, land owners, cell phone service providers, families, homeowners’ associations and townships in virtually all aspects of zoning. We counsel public and private entities through administrative proceedings and into the courtroom, if necessary, in matters related to zoning, permitting and plan approvals, while conducting due diligence investigations to establish or preserve our clients’ rights to the use of land.
Our lawyers have:
- Represented a developer in the defeat of a citizen lawsuit challenging the developer’s creation of a community authority.
- Obtained subdivision approval for a new phase of a subdivision, applying former rules rather than newly enacted rules that would have decreased lot density.
- Won mandatory injunctive relief directing immediate removal of a fence blocking access to parking necessary for a restaurant’s grand opening, in a dispute between co-tenants of a shopping center.
- Provided comprehensive representation for property owners holding three of four quadrants at a $19 million interchange involving bridge, utility and roadway relocation.
- Represented a national developer in connection with the proposed annexation and rezoning of a 160-acre power center in Medina County, Ohio.
- Represented an international company that conducts auction sales of industrial equipment in the zoning of land on Interstate 70 near Springfield, Ohio, for the development of an auction facility.
- Represented a cell phone service provider in its appeal to the court of common pleas in defending an easement for a cellular monopole granted by a municipal BZA in accordance with Ohio law and the Federal Telecommunications Act.