We represented the court appointed examiner in the Chapter 11 cases filed by Knights Lodging, Inc. and Economy Lodging Systems, the franchisor of Knights Inn Motels.
We regularly represent landlord interests in national retail Chapter 11 cases including Merry-Go-Round, Gantos, County Seat, Montgomery Ward and Edison Brothers Stores.
We frequently represent purchasers of assets out of bankruptcy.
We represented one of the largest insurance companies in the United States in the following major Chapter 11 cases:
We also have extensive experience in representing parties in interest in cases involving real estate developers. Some of our recent engagements include:
- Lubbock Tech Shopping Center, LLC (Western District of Tennessee). Representation of agent bank in chapter 11 cases filed by multi-state shopping center developer.
- Magna Entertainment Corp. (District of Delaware). Lead counsel for a major real estate developer in the Chapter 11 case filed by the largest operator of racetracks in the United States.
- WL Homes LLC (District of Delaware). Representation of a developer in a 363 sale of real estate in bankruptcy of national home builder.
- Land Resource, LLC (Middle District of Florida). Representation of senior secured lenders in a Section 363 sale of substantially all assets of the debtor, a large multi-state real estate developer.
- Alterra Healthcare Corporation (District of Delaware). Representation of two bank groups in negotiated pre-bankruptcy workout of multi-state owner and operator of assisted living facilities.
- South Franklin Circle (Northern District of Ohio). Representation of administrative agent and secured lender in the Chapter 11 case of a continuing care retirement community.
- Smith Family Homes (Middle District of Florida). Representation of national real estate developer in chapter 7 case filed by home builder.