Our lawyers regularly assist carriers, intermediaries and shippers in a wide variety of motor carrier matters, including the negotiation and drafting of motor carrier, broker, and freight forwarder contracts; claims for loss, damage and delay; and safety and licensing matters. Our client services include:
- Draft and update motor carrier and intermediary shipping contracts.
- Prepare and file motor carrier and broker license applications.
- Prepare, file and, if necessary, litigate cargo loss, damage and delay claims.
- Advise clients on motor carrier safety issues, including compliance with hazardous materials regulations.
- Prepared comments in numerous rulemaking proceedings before the ICC/STB and DOT affecting transportation policies related to hazardous materials, hours of service for truck drivers, cargo securement and undercharge, among others.
- Defended scores of shippers in the highly charged negotiated rates cases before the ICC, the STB and both federal and state courts, including participation in several cases before the United States Supreme Court.
- Negotiated third-party logistics contract to arrange motor carrier transportation for a hazardous waste shipper.
- Participated on committee that created a motor carrier through bill of lading for NAFTA freight shipments.
- Participated in STB proceedings regarding antitrust immunity for motor carrier rate bureaus and the National Classification Committee.
FMCSA NPRM on Motor Carrier Safety Fitness Determinations - Transportation Update
February 12, 2016
FMCSA Seeks Comments on Proposed Truck Driver Coercion Rules - Transportation Update
July 23, 2014