We have experience with a wide range of infrastructure assets. From planning, development, acquisition, financing and refinancing, to the management, operation and sale of infrastructure and energy assets, our lawyers work with clients to achieve the desired results.
Our lawyers have:
- Assisted in the sale and leaseback of more than 3,000 cellular towers in a multistate, multi-tranche transaction, including master lease arrangements with national cellular tower operating companies.
- Represented a client in the reconstruction of 40 miles of electric transmission lines across vacant land, commercial properties and private residences. The diverse landscape created more than 60 eminent domain cases covering a range of issues, including the impact of electromagnetic fields upon nearby property value, the assignment of proceeds from the sale of timber cut for the right-of-way, the usefulness of a severed portion of property and constitutional challenges. Many matters were settled by our successful challenge of property owners' appraisers and their methodologies, while a minimal number of courtroom trials were resolved pre-verdict.
- Represented a leading real estate investment trust, as landlord, in the development and implementation of a national tower leasing program.
- Advised the owner in restructuring the ownership of two wind farms in California, including structuring the ownership to meet FERC requirements for utility ownership and to support acquisition in the $58 million transaction.
- Provided counsel related to equity investment for an ethanol facility in the Southeast, a biomass plant in New Hampshire, a wind farm in New York and a wind farm in New Hampshire for joint development, equity contribution and debt term sheets drafting and development.