Our Private Equity and Venture Capital group counsels hedge fund clients on the structuring, formation and operation of hedge funds. Our advice encompasses:
- Representing hedge fund sponsors in forming and structuring funds with a variety of proprietary investment strategies.
- Drafting fund limited partnership and limited liability company agreements.
- Preparing private placement memoranda.
- Negotiating and evaluating investments in financial instruments, such as pooled investment funds, futures agreements, repurchase agreements, swaps and other derivatives.
- Advising fund managers on compliance with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and assisting with other ongoing compliance and regulatory matters.
- Representing fund managers in daily operations of fund management entities.
- Advising activist fund managers on proxy solicitations.
- Preparing federal and state securities filings.
- Assisting fund managers and investors in connection with the preparation and completion of due diligence items, including the preparation of due diligence questionnaires that are submitted to prime brokers.
We host an annual seminar for hedge fund managers and professionals who provide advice to hedge fund managers. The seminar engenders an informative dialogue among attendees who represent hundreds of billions of dollars from the hedge fund community.