Executive compensation is subject to ever-increasing scrutiny and regulatory changes. Having legal counsel who keep abreast of the latest rules, laws and developments in the industry can be key to administering innovative executive compensation programs in a challenging environment. Our group’s services include:
- Executive compensation and incentive programs
- Stock purchase plans, stock option plans, stock appreciation rights, phantom stock arrangements and other equity-based incentive compensation arrangements
- Change in control, golden parachute/golden handcuff arrangements
- Supplemental retirement and other nonqualified deferred compensation plans
- Non-employee director and consultant compensation arrangements
- Disclosure requirements
- Shareholder proposals
- Ownership reporting/trading guidelines
- IRS audits
In addition to our deep understanding of the technical aspects of executive compensation agreements, we have extensive experience handling sophisticated tax, securities and corporate governance issues. We combine this experience with our in-depth business knowledge to help clients not only address legal challenges, but also make informed business decisions.
- Advising clients on executive compensation audits.
- Advising clients on beneficial ownership reporting requirements, including preparing and filing Section 16 reports (Forms 3, 4 and 5), insider trading policies, 10b-5-1 trading plans and policies, and equity award grant guidelines.
- Serving as special counsel to compensation committees in connection with designing, negotiating and adopting executive and director compensation arrangements.
- Advising clients on deferred compensation plans and split-dollar insurance arrangements.
- Advising clients on disclosure rules for executive compensation programs, including say-on-pay.
- Advising clients on employment, change-in-control and severance arrangements.
- Advising clients on equity and incentive plan drafting and shareholder approval.
- Advising clients on early retirement and severance programs.