Protecting and preserving creditors’ rights in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings is a hallmark of our practice. We draw on our substantial knowledge of the business and operational challenges confronting debtors to develop practical reorganization and recovery plans.
Maximizing recovery for creditors requires not only strategic legal counsel, but also sound business advice. Our primary focus is on providing the responsive, value-added service needed to help clients identify and pursue opportunities following the completion of complex restructuring proceedings.
We represent clients across manufacturing, construction, retail, energy, real estate and various other industries and regularly draw on our firmwide resources to provide counsel on related areas of law such as tax, labor and employment, securities and finance.
Our representations of creditors’ committees include:
- The Gibson-Homans Company (Northern District of Ohio). A major manufacturer of roof and driveway coatings, wallcovering adhesives, patching compounds, paints and wallpaper.
- Elder-Beerman Stores Corp. (Southern District of Ohio). Large multi-state department store chain.
- F & C International, Inc. (Southern District of Ohio). Large national chemical manufacturer.
- Baja Boats, Inc. (Northern District of Ohio). Boat manufacturer.
- Cincinnati Microwave, Inc. (Southern District of Ohio). Publicly held manufacturer of radar detection devices and cellular telephones.
- Hall Aluminum (Northern District of Illinois). Aluminum extruder.
- Ohio Ferro Alloys (Northern District of Ohio). Manufacturer of silicon metals.
- SiMETCO, Inc. (Northern District of Ohio). Manufacturer of silicon metals.
- Southeastern Dairies, Inc. (Western District of Kentucky). Distributor of dairy products.
- STR Corporation (Northern District of Ohio). Operator of a chain of grocery stores.
- ARA Aluminum (Northern District of Ohio). Aluminum extruder.
- Wit & Wisdom Corporation (Northern District of Ohio). Book and periodicals retailer.
- Summitville Tiles, Inc. (Northern District of Ohio). Ceramic tiles manufacturer.
- Pak-Mor Manufacturing Company (Western District of Texas). Manufacturer of garbage and refuse trucks.
- Atlantic Metal Products, Inc. (District of New Jersey). Metal fabrication and processing company.