Business clients turn to Thompson Hine with their most important and challenging business disputes. Unlike many large law firms, our practice is devoted exclusively to business litigation and includes experienced trial lawyers with notable courtroom victories on behalf of our clients. We work closely with our clients to solve their problems, applying trial skills and our understanding of their business objectives. We cost-effectively handle complex commercial disputes based on our depth of experience and our focused approach.
Our track record is proven and impressive. Thompson Hine was named among the top firms in the country in five areas of litigation in the report BTI Litigation Outlook 2013: Changes, Trends and Opportunities for Law Firms.
Identifying risks and avoiding litigation are central to our practice. Whenever possible, we will pursue negotiation, alternative dispute resolution and other means to attain our client’s desired end result. If such measures do not prove fruitful, we will be prepared to go to court to achieve their goals.
We handle disputes as varied and complex as today’s business world. For example, we represent major financial institutions in matters ranging from mortgage and securities fraud, to ERISA, to fiduciary and shareholder litigation. Business clients rely on us in corporate control contests, contract disputes, insurance disputes and class actions. We also represent lawyers (including major law firms) and accountants in professional malpractice cases. Real estate developers and manufacturing companies across the country come to us to help achieve their business objectives. We counsel clients in internal and governmental investigations, defend white collar criminal issues, represent clients in antitrust and competition cases, and assist clients seeking to protect their patent, trademark, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
We are in court and at the settlement table every day in cases across the country, addressing and resolving our clients’ most important concerns. We are proud to have earned our clients’ trust and to have companies of all kinds turn to us with their most important and challenging disputes.
Because of our group's size and breadth of experience, we can effectively handle virtually every kind of commercial dispute. Our litigators are well prepared to confront your most challenging disputes. Our lawyers are in court every day handling contract claims, warranty issues, employment disputes, personal injury and intentional tort claims, product liability suits, negligence cases, unfair competition claims and the full panoply of other actions that businesses encounter.
- Handle business and bankruptcy litigation, including matters involving creditors' rights, deadlocked corporations and partnerships, investment fraud, professional liability and lender liability.
- Represent drug and medical device manufacturers, hospitals and health care providers in medical defense matters, including medical malpractice, hospital and physician liability and product liability cases involving drugs or medical devices.
- Serve as national coordinating and trial counsel in product liability litigation for manufacturers of consumer and commercial products.
- Represent health and casualty insurers in all types of claims litigation.
- Provide environmental counseling and litigation support in matters such as improper land use, hazardous substance handling and disposal and water pollution control issues.
- Counsel developers, owners, contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, architects and engineers on construction projects to help avoid lawsuits and to provide for alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Represent ship owners and underwriters in litigation involving personal injury, collision, hull or cargo damage, marine insurance, towage, environmental, pleasure boating and U.S. Coast Guard matters.
- Represent corporate, banking, utility and manufacturing clients in litigation matters involving leveraged buyouts, tender offers, the defense of shareholder derivative suits and major contract disputes.
November 13, 2015
October 25, 2015
Ohio Supreme Court Holds That All Members of a CSPA Class Must Have Suffered Injury - Business Litigation Update
August 31, 2015
July 02, 2015
June 24, 2015
May 06, 2015
SEC to Registrants: Review Agreements & Remove Language That May Impede Whistleblowers - Business Litigation Update
April 09, 2015
Jesinoski Presents Lenders With Difficult Questions on Loan Rescissions - Business Litigation Update
January 20, 2015
Potential Changes to OSHA’s PSM Standard & EPA’s RMP Regulation - Chemical Industry Update
October 13, 2014
Ohio Supreme Court Holds Borrowers Cannot Raise Standing Challenges in Post Judgment Motions - Business Litigation Update
October 08, 2014
The Defend Trade Secrets Act: Consequences for Trade Secret Litigation - Business Litigation Update
July 21, 2014
When Does Social Media Use Create a Product Endorsement? - Business Litigation Update
July 15, 2014
June 23, 2014
New York To Implement Accelerated Adjudication Option - Business Litigation Update
May 09, 2014
No Liability for Banks Under New York’s EIPA - Business Litigation Update
November 25, 2013
New ATM Regulations Create Potential Landmine for Banks - Business Litigation Update
March 28, 2013
Contests, Promotions and Social Media – Is Public Voting Worth the Risk? - Business Litigation Update
March 04, 2013
IP Owners May Avoid Invalidity Challenges With Covenants Not to Sue - Intellectual Property Litigation Update
January 17, 2013
Is Predictive Coding a Cure for Out-of-Control Discovery Costs? - Business Litigation Update
November 28, 2012
Ohio Supreme Court: No Claims for Aiding and Abetting Torts - Business Litigation Update
November 05, 2012
Ohio Reduces Breach of Contract Statute of Limitations - Business Litigation Update
July 13, 2012
Corporate Directors’ Statutory Right To Advancement of Attorneys’ Fees Confirmed - Business Litigation & Corporate Law Update
July 09, 2012
Lender Beware: TOUSA Bankruptcy Court Holding Reinstated - Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Update
May 17, 2012
Zubulake Discovery Standards Adopted By New York State Courts - Business Litigation Update
March 01, 2012
Court OKs Use of Computer-Assisted Review of Electronically Stored Information - Business Litigation Update
February 27, 2012
Social Media and Discovery – Be Careful What You Post - Business Litigation Update
August 01, 2011
April 18, 2011
SEC Issues Report on Investment Adviser Examinations - Investment Management Update
February 07, 2011
SEC Proposes New Rules and Form ADV Amendments Implementing the Investment Advisers Act Provision of the Dodd-Frank Act - Investment Management Update
December 15, 2010
SEC Proposes Registration Exemptions for Advisers to Venture Capital Funds and Certain Private Funds and Foreign Advisers - Investment Management Update
December 02, 2010
December 01, 2010
SEC Proposes Rule Defining “Family Office” Exclusion Under Investment Advisers Act - Investment Management Update
October 21, 2010