Our Construction practice is the largest in Ohio and one of the most experienced in North America. We represent owners, design professionals, construction managers, contractors and sureties in connection with all facets of the building industry.
Nationally recognized for skill in resolving claims, our transactional construction group has served as project counsel for billions of dollars of construction at sites across the United States. Among these are many significant stadium and arena projects for the National Basketball Association, National Football League, National Hockey League, Major League Baseball, and university and minor league teams. Equally extensive is our experience with hospitals, pipelines, processing plants, schools and universities, office towers, hotels, and other commercial, industrial and institutional developments.
- Litigating numerous matters involving facilities valued in the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Successfully mediating a $30 million dispute between a major design professional and a joint venture of a Fortune 500 company.
- Obtaining a $4.2 million mediation and a $500,000 mediation result arising from the renovation of the Ohio Statehouse.
- Obtaining a $2.7 million award relating to defective design and administration of a bridge.
- Representing a municipality in the defense of a multimillion-dollar claim for extra work, delay and disruption.
- Representing a contractor in a claim against the federal government for wrongful default termination and claims for additional cost.
- Representing a surety in project default, bond claims and indemnity actions.
- Providing litigation and arbitration counsel services to the owner and developer of Tower City Avenue, Ritz-Carlton and Skylight Office Towers.
- Providing litigation counsel services to general contractors on various water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- Representing a contractor in successfully setting aside the award of a contract in violation of competitive bidding.
- Mediating a million-dollar settlement between a surety and the Veteran's Administration at the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Representing an unsuccessful bidder in a Navy procurement matter, resulting in overturning two GAO decisions and a U.S. District Court decision, and payment of bid and proposal costs and attorney fees.
- Representing a municipality defending claims by a contractor for differing site conditions on an EPA and FMHA-funded project.
- Representing a bridge contractor on a multimillion-dollar claim for extras involving the construction of a bridge.