Thompson Hine Launches Trump and Trade Website
International Trade & Customs Update
Date: January 04, 2017
Thompson Hine’s International Trade & Customs practice group has launched a dedicated microsite to monitor the international trade policy developments of President-elect Trump’s administration and track the status and implementation of his key campaign positions. Our new site, Trump and Trade, will offer helpful information and insight, including:
- Background information and summaries of Trump’s “7 Point Plan to Rebuild the American Economy by Fighting for Free Trade.”
- Analysis of the President-elect’s campaign pledges regarding new U.S. trade policies.
- Useful biographical information on the officials appointed to key international trade positions within the executive branch and the administration, and updates on their progress toward confirmation.
- Status reports on the implementation of Trump’s trade priorities during his first 100 days in office.
- Comparisons of Trump’s campaign promises with his enacted policies.
- Timely alerts and bulletins on the new administration's major trade policy developments.
Please bookmark our new website,
and visit often for updated content.
Save the Date: Trump and Trade Webinar
On Thursday, January 26, Thompson Hine’s Trump and Trade Team will host a webinar to discuss the potential ramifications of President-elect Trump’s international trade policy positions on Iran, China, Cuba, Russia, NAFTA, the Trans-Pacific Partnership and trade enforcement, as well as any developments that may have occurred since his inauguration. Our brief presentation will be followed by ample time for Q&A and discussion.
Please watch your inbox for an invitation with agenda details and registration information as we get closer to the program date. We look forward to your participation.
For More Information
If you have questions about how the incoming Trump administration may affect your international trade concerns, please contact:
David M. Schwartz
Samir D. Varma
Scott E. Diamond
Senior Legislative & Regulatory Policy Advisor
Not licensed to practice law
or any member of our International Trade & Customs group.
This advisory bulletin may be reproduced, in whole or in part, with the prior permission of Thompson Hine LLP and acknowledgment of its source and copyright. This publication is intended to inform clients about legal matters of current interest. It is not intended as legal advice. Readers should not act upon the information contained in it without professional counsel.
This document may be considered attorney advertising in some jurisdictions.
© 2017 THOMPSON HINE LLP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.