Gabrielle Y. Vázquez
Gabrielle represents corporate and individual clients in complex litigation matters with a focus on commercial disputes, product-related litigation, class actions and appeals in state and federal courts. Gabrielle has a diverse client base from the financial services, pharmaceutical and construction industries for which she handles a wide variety of matters. Gabrielle makes significant contributions to the success of her clients’ businesses by strategically minimizing exposure and maximizing returns through the litigation process. Gabrielle also maintains an active pro bono practice representing indigent clients in civil suits in the Southern District of New York.
Gabrielle is a member of the Federal Bar Council American Inn of Courts where she works closely with federal judges to develop and present continuing legal education courses on topics of federal import. Prior to joining Thompson Hine, Gabrielle served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Stephen C. Robinson of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Defended international financial services company against claims of unpaid compensation under a trademark license agreement.
- Defended one of the largest national independent broker dealers in FINRA customer arbitration.
- Defended CEO of privately held investment company in FINRA disciplinary proceeding.
- Defended international accounting firm in fraud arbitration.
- Represented food manufacturing company in litigation against claims that it manufactured and distributed poultry containing excessive amounts of salmonella.
- Defended product testing company in litigation against claims that it failed to properly test the safety of the components of a children’s craft toy in the Western District of New York.
- Defended metals manufacturer in toxic tort and medical monitoring class action in the Southern District of West Virginia.
- Defended pharmaceutical manufacturer in a federal multi-district litigation involving fraud and consumer protection claims.
- Represented company engaged in the marketing, promotion and sales of plastic materials on appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Represented international bank in appeal to the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit on the issue of whether the Southern District of New York has jurisdiction over the bank in the underlying suit.
- Represented City of New York and one of its Detectives in appeal of favorable summary judgment decision and trial verdict in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Defended law firm and one of its partners in appeal involving alleged falsification of legal documents in the New York Appellate Division, First Department.
- Represented a trustee in an appeal from an award of commissions to the trust’s former trustee despite her removal on the basis of misconduct in the New York Appellate Division, First Department.
- “Consent Through Registration: Expanding General Jurisdiction After Daimler,” Thompson Hine Product Liability eNewsletter, Fall 2015
- "Effective Assistance of Counsel in Plea Negotiations After 'Lafler'," The New York Law Journal, September 2014
- “Viability of Rule 23(b)(3) Cases After 'Dukes', 'Amgen' and 'Comcast',” The New York Law Journal, June 2013
- “Tale of Two Districts,” New York, March 2014
- "Allocating Risk and Liability via Contract," New York, March 2013
- “First Amendment and National Security,” New York, January 2013
- “Can You Tell Me How to Get, How to Get To . . . Married (With Benefits),” New York, May 2012
- Selected for inclusion New York Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2015 and 2016
- Federal Bar Council American Inn of Court, Member
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Member
- Puerto Rican Bar Association, Member
- Fordham Law School Young Graduates Committee, Member
- New York Needs You, Mentor Coach
September 16, 2015
September 29, 2014