Jerry Vande Werken
Jerry is a partner in the firm's Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice group and the Personal & Succession Planning practice group. He focuses his practice on the design, drafting and installation of qualified retirement plans; representation of closely held businesses, including advice as to structure, capitalization and related matters; negotiation and drafting of employment contracts for professionals; advice and preparation for succession planning in corporations and partnerships, including buy/sell agreements and related matters; representation for purchase or sale of a business; advice and implementation of clients' estate plans; advice in mergers and acquisitions involving retirement plan issues; and assistance with financial and tax planning for closely held businesses and their owners.
Jerry was an adjunct professor at Capital University Law School from 1989 to 1994.
- "Designing Key Employee Distribution Plans"
- "Avoiding Unexpected Violations of Fiduciary and Investment Rules"
- "Retirement Plans - Participant Loans"
- "Creative Pension Strategies"
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2015 to 2018
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Central Ohio Radio Reading Service, volunteer reader
- Lacrosse Association, lacrosse coach for Upper Arlington