Jennifer A. Val
Jennifer is counsel in the firm’s Corporate Transactions & Securities practice. She represents public and private companies, underwriters and private equity firms in a variety of public and private securities offerings and general corporate matters. Jennifer advises clients on corporate governance matters, compliance with SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley, the JOBS Act, NASDAQ/NYSE requirements, periodic and current SEC reports, and day-to-day corporate matters.
Jennifer has a broad range of transactional experience, including SEC-registered offerings (including IPOs, primary and secondary), Rule 144A/Regulation S/Section 4(a)(2) unregistered offerings, exchange offers, tender offers, consent solicitations, share repurchases and commencement of medium-term note, retail note and commercial paper programs. She counsels clients with respect to the issuance and sale of high-yield debt, investment-grade debt, medium-term notes, bank notes, convertible notes, common stock, preferred stock and limited partnership interests.
Jennifer’s clients have included major U.S. companies (including MLPs, REITs and BDCs), foreign companies and governments, private equity firms (including as sponsors, purchasers and sellers) and prominent investment banks. Her experience encompasses a wide variety of business sectors, including biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, technology, retail (apparel, grocery, food), commercial banking, telecommunications, cruise lines, industrials, manufacturing and governmental entities.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer worked as an associate at Shearman & Sterling LLP and as an associate and counsel at O’Melveny & Myers LLP. She also completed a secondment as Equity Capital Markets Counsel at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
During law school, Jennifer served as a summer clerk for the Honorable William H. Pauley, III of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York and as a research assistant focusing on civil procedure.
Jennifer is also a registered patent attorney with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- “The Ethics of Lawyering at Investment Banks”
- “Securities Regulation Institute in 60 Minutes: The JOBS Act”
- “Business Development for Junior Associates”
- “Road Show Presentations”
- “How to Review and Comment on a Press Release”
- “Capital Markets: Research & Resources”
- St. Thomas More Scholarship (Full Merit Award, St. John’s University School of Law, 2005–2008)
- Awards for highest grades in Contracts, Evidence, Legal Research & Writing, and Property (St. John’s University School of Law, 2005–2008)
- St. John’s Law Review (St. John’s University School of Law, 2007–2008)
- Grace Institute, Friends of Grace Steering Committee