Leslie J. Suson
Leslie is counsel in the firm's Product Liability Litigation, Business Litigation, Competition, Antitrust & Distribution, and White-Collar Crime Litigation practice groups. She focuses her practice on product liability and general liability defense, commercial and business litigation, including secured lending and real estate litigation, insurance coverage and defense, and tort litigation.
Leslie is a certified mediator in the state of Georgia.
- Served as local counsel to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in cases involving a statin drug.
- Served as local counsel to a pharmaceutical manufacturer in cases involving vaccine ingredient, Thimerosal.
- Represented various insurers in bad faith, indemnification and subrogation matters.
- Represented and obtained court-approved settlement for insurer in class action lawsuit involving medical payments for psychological services.
- Represented various clients in breach of real estate contracts and fraud in real estate transactions.
- Represented various clients in RICO, fraud, and white-collar criminal matters.
- Performed internal investigation of manufacturer and represented manufacturer in false claims act litigation in connection with government contract.
- Represented criminal defendants facing death penalty in appeal on a pro bono basis.
- Represented prisoner in connection with civil rights violations on a pro bono basis.
- Represented minor facing transfer to adult system for criminal prosecution on a pro bono basis.
- American Home Products Corp.v. Ferrari, 289 Ga. 184, 710 S.E.2d 771 (2011).
- R & R Insulation Services, Inc. v. Royal Indemnity, et al. 307 Ga. App. 419 (2010).
- Haynes v. Cyberonics, Inc., No. 1:09-CV-2700-JEC, 2011 WL 3903238 (N.D. Ga. Sept. 6, 2011).
- Selene RMOF REO Acquisition II, LLC, et al. v. Vandiver & Kaufman, LLC, No. 3:10-cv-109 (CAR), 2011 WL 1833204 (M.D. Ga. May 12, 2011).
- Winchester v. Pension Comm. of Michael Reese Health, 942 F.2d 1190 (7th Cir. 1991).
- Rick Nolan's Auto Body Shop, Inc. v. Allstate Ins. Co., 718 F. Supp. 721 (N.D. Ill. 1989).
- Zegar v. Sears Roebuck & Co., 211 Ill.App.3d 1025, 570 N.E.2d 1176 (1st Dist. 1991).
- Co-author, "Illinois Survey of Criminal Procedures," 18 Loyola Law Journal, 1988
- Co-author, "Alice In Pharmaland: The 'Curiouser And Curiouser' Case Of Conte v. Wyeth," Rx for the Defense, Winter 2009
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Volunteer with a local charity that provides temporary housing to homeless women and children.
- Volunteer with local charity that distributes food to distressed Atlanta neighborhoods by collection of surplus food from local restaurants, markets and grocery stores.
- Volunteer coordinator of the annual holiday gift program for local charity, including raising donations, purchasing and distributing holiday gifts for children in need.
- Metro Atlanta High School Mock Trial Tournament, judging evaluator
- Illinois State Bar Association High School Mock Trial Tournament, team coach