Chris is senior counsel in the Real Estate practice group. Chris’s practice primarily involves representing real estate developers in connection with acquiring, financing and developing real property for apartment and condominium use, representing homebuilders and property sellers in residential development transactions, and representing both landlords and tenants in leasing transactions. She has experience negotiating and preparing covenants, restrictions and easement agreements required for the successful development and subsequent operation of residential, mixed-use and transit oriented developments. Chris also has extensive experience representing lenders and borrowers in connection with problem loans and distressed real estate, and has worked extensively with financial institutions in matters related to the disposition of REO properties and the sale of loan portfolios comprised of both secured and unsecured loans.
In addition, Chris has represented large financial institutions in connection with the negotiation and closing of syndicated loans secured by accounts receivable, inventory, equipment, real estate and aircraft. Her work on asset-based lending transactions has included both syndicated and single lender facilities, and she has experience representing the agent and the co-lenders.
A representative sampling of Chris’s experience includes:
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the acquisition of properties in Naples, Florida, Irvine, California and Tucker, Georgia
- Represented a multifamily housing borrower in connection with mezzanine and construction loan financing for apartment developments in Tucker, Georgia and Naples, Florida
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the $50,000,000 construction financing of a high-rise condominium in Cobb County, Georgia
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the acquisition and development of various tracts of real property located in Metro Atlanta for multifamily rental housing use
- Represented a multifamily housing developer in connection with the acquisition of real property in St. Simons Island, Georgia for the development of a 42-unit condominium project
- Drafted and negotiated loan portfolio sale agreements for two well-known lenders, and closed the sales of these loan portfolios
- Drafted and negotiated real estate sales contracts for the sale of properties acquired by lenders through foreclosure, and closed the purchase money financing and sale of these properties
- Lead borrower’s counsel for a publicly traded REIT in connection with negotiating and closing multiple real estate-secured loans
- Lead borrower's counsel in connection with real estate portfolio acquisition involving assumption of 23 loans
- Lead counsel responsible for negotiating and closing a $256,750,000 secured, syndicated revolving credit facility extended by a major lender and fourteen other lenders to an international after-market aircraft equipment company and its subsidiaries. This credit facility was secured by aircraft and engine lease receivables, aircraft and aircraft engines.
- Lead counsel responsible for negotiating and closing a $100,000,000 secured, syndicated revolving credit facility extended by a major lender and others to an aircraft component supplier and its subsidiaries. This credit facility was secured by engine lease receivables, aircraft engines and aircraft and engine parts.
- Handled commercial real estate leasing of real property for the installation and operation of cellular communication towers
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named in Legal 500 United States (Real Estate), 2015
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Brown University Alumni Interviewing – Area Chair
- Alliance Theatre – Advisory Board Member, 2011-present
- Community Friendship, Inc. – Board Member, 1993-present
The Legal 500 U.S. Recognizes Several Thompson Hine Practices, Lawyers - Firm's Construction, Corporate, Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation, Real Estate and Business Restructuring & Bankruptcy Practices Receive National Acclaim
July 06, 2015
Stephen B. Schrock and Christine N. Schneider Join Thompson Hine in Atlanta - Firm Expands Southeast Real Estate Practice
January 29, 2015