Alexandra Chanin Nelson
Alex is an Atlanta native with strong ties to the Atlanta business community. Alex works extensively with both small privately held companies and large publicly held companies on a variety of business issues. Her experience includes handling complex business litigation, post-employment obligation, and product liability matters. Matters include the following:
- Obtaining and defending temporary restraining orders and injunctions relating to restrictive covenants and misappropriation of trade secrets;
- Defending large corporations in class action litigation matters throughout the United States;
- Defending fuel gas companies in complex litigation matters throughout the United States; and
- Representing both landlords and tenants in a variety of real estate matters, including lease disputes and general contract matters.
Alex also has significant experience handling e-discovery issues.
Alex is actively involved in the Atlanta office’s extensive Spotlight on Women Initiative. Outside of work, Alex is very active at Or Ve Shalom Synagogue and is an avid tennis player.
- Obtained 60-day emergency TRO prohibiting misuse of trade secrets in absence of restrictive covenants in Hall County Georgia.
- Obtained injunctive relief enforcing nationwide covenant not to compete against former sales strategy director in Cobb County, Georgia.
- Defeated certification of a class consisting of members throughout the state of New York on behalf of a large corporation in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Obtained favorable settlement for commercial real estate developer in breach of contract suit.
- Successfully briefed numerous motions to dismiss relating to wrongful foreclosure and lender liability issues.
- Selected as a Rising Star by Georgia Super Lawyers magazine, 2018
- Dean's Award in Legal Research, Writing and Advocacy Program, 2009