Ed is senior counsel in the Corporate Transactions & Securities group. He focuses on corporate finance, structured finance and derivatives-related transactional matters, with a special emphasis on the insurance industry. He represents property/casualty, life, accident and health, and reinsurance companies as well as surplus/excess lines carriers, investment banks, private equity and hedge funds, derivative and financial products companies, intermediaries, agents and other service providers on transactional and regulatory matters.
- Structured finance transactions including insurance-linked securitizations, catastrophe bonds, Regulation XXX and AXXX solutions, life settlements, structured premium finance programs, collateralized debt obligations and collateralized loan obligations.
- Derivative transactions including credit default swaps, negative basis swaps, total return swaps, risk transformer structures and the negotiation of ISDA Master Agreements and Schedules.
- Mergers and acquisitions and capital markets transactions.
- Asset-based lending involving life settlement, premium finance arrangements, accounts receivable and transportation assets.
- New product development and rating with a major credit rating agency.
April 24, 2017