Susan D. Kim
Susan is an associate in the Corporate Transactions & Securities group. She advises clients on a broad range of corporate issues, including entity formation, organization and governance. Susan also provides guidance on negotiating and drafting transactional documents and commercial agreements. In addition, she advises clients on issues related to corporate mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
Susan also has insurance industry experience that encompasses counseling primary and excess insurers in connection with complex litigation involving professional liability insurance, as well as analyzing coverage positions and risks related to complex securities litigation involving large national pharmaceutical companies, banks, public corporations and other insured entities and individuals.
While attending law school, Susan served as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Michael H. Watson of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio.
- “SEC Risk Alert Highlights Cybersecurity Compliance Risks of Broker-Dealers, Investment Advisers and Fund Companies,” Thompson Hine Business Law Update, Fall 2017
- “SEC Risk Alert Highlights Cybersecurity Compliance Risks of Broker-Dealers, Investment Advisers and Fund Companies,” Thompson Hine Investment Management Update, August 2017
- “FTC Increases Focus on Smart Toys with COPPA Update,” Thompson Hine Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, August 2017
- “SEC Issues Guidance on Section 22(d) Restrictions,” Thompson Hine Investment Management Update, February 2017
- “Cybersecurity Commission Report Encourages Immediate Action, Collaboration,” Thompson Hine Privacy & Cybersecurity Update, December 2016
- Columbus Bar Association
- Women Lawyers of Franklin County
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Central Ohio, treasurer and board member
- Yale Swimming and Diving Alumni Association, board member