Staci M. Jenkins
Vice Chair, Cincinnati Women’s Initiative
Staci is a member of the Labor & Employment group in the Cincinnati office. She focuses her practice on employment-based immigration and affirmative action compliance issues. Her immigration practice concentrates on healthcare organizations, global companies and Fortune 500 companies, while her affirmative action work is for federal contractors. Staci also serves as Cincinnati office vice chair of the firm’s women’s initiative, Spotlight on Women.
Her immigration practice includes:
- Counseling employers on strategies for sponsoring employees for both immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
- Counseling employers on I-9 compliance by developing I-9 policies, providing I-9 training and conducting on-site or remote I-9 audits.
- Analyzing relationships between employers and independent contractors who provide workforce services.
- Counseling employers on use of E-Verify.
- Developing immigration-related policies, such as setting employer/employee financial obligations for various stages of immigrant and non-immigrant sponsorship.
- Conducting due diligence to determine immigration issues within corporate transactions.
- “Minimum Wage to Increase for Certain Federal Contractors,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, March 2014
- “OFCCP Releases New Self-Identification Form for Federal Contractors,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, January 2014
- Plan Now for H1-B Cap Season," Thompson Hine Immigration Update, January 2014
- Co-author, "Managing H-1B Employees In A Down Economy," Employment Law360 website, December 2009
- "Though Well-Intentioned, GINA Needs To Be Clarified," Employment Law360, May 2008
- Co-author, "Is Your Client Using Illegal Immigrant Workers?", Inside, publication of the Corporate Counsel Section of the New York State Bar Association, Summer 2007
- “Immigration Hot Topics,” Legal Update Seminar, December 2013
- “Employment Based Immigration,” Cincinnati Bar Association, August 2013
- “Go to the Head of the Class: Extraordinary Ways to Avoid PERM and Visa Backlogs,” AILA Mid-South/Ohio Fall CLE Conference, October 2013
- “Permanent Residency Options for Physicians,“ Client Training; 2011 and 2013
- “I-9 Compliance & Audits,“ Legal Update for HR Professionals, June 2012 and June 2013
- “ICE is Knocking on Doors – Are You Prepared for an I-9 Audit?” Lorman Education Services, March 2011 and February 2013
- "Work Sponsorship Options for Health Care Professionals," Client Training; 2010
- "Tricks of the Trade – How to Detect Fraudulent Documents," Client Training, 2011 and 2012
- Co-Presented with Stephen Richey, "Seven Deadly Wage and Hour Mistakes," Labor & Employment Seminar; May 20, 2008
- "I-9 Compliance Training," Client HR Summit, Yearly 2007 - Present
- "Hiring Foreign Nationals: Recruitment through the First Day of Employment," Labor & Employment Seminar, May 24, 2007
- "Immigration Reform Update: Impact on Employers," Labor & Employment Seminar; May 24, 2007
- "Navigating the OFCCP Audit," Industry Liaison Group, November 15, 2005
- Rising Star; YWCA Academy of Career Women of Achievement, 2012
December 17, 2013