Staci M. Jenkins
Cincinnati Vice Chair, Spotlight on Women
Staci, a member of the Labor & Employment group in the Cincinnati office, focuses on employment-based immigration. While she counts several global and Fortune 500 companies among the clients she counsels, she also concentrates on advising health care entities, including hospitals, health care practices, pharmaceutical companies and medical device manufacturers. Staci also oversees the firm’s affirmative action compliance practice.
Staci is the Cincinnati office vice chair of the firm’s women’s initiative, Spotlight on Women®, and president-elect of the Ohio chapter of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association.
Staci’s immigration practice includes:
- Providing guidance to employers on strategies for sponsoring employees for immigrant and non-immigrant visas.
- Counseling employers on how immigration sponsorship can enhance their retention and recruitment efforts.
- Helping health care practices sponsor physicians for J-1 visa waivers.
- Obtaining H-1B, PERM and EB-2 approvals for physicians.
- Assisting extraordinary physicians in obtaining O-1 status.
- Counseling employers on I-9 compliance by developing policies, providing training and conducting on-site or remote audits.
- Counseling employers on use of E-Verify.
- Developing immigration-related policies, such as setting employer/employee financial obligations for various stages of immigrant and non-immigrant sponsorship.
- Conducting due diligence to identify immigration issues within corporate transactions.
- “Employment Eligibility Closer for Some H-1B Professionals’ Spouses,” Thompson Hine Immigration Update, February 2015
- “Plan Now for H-1B Cap Season,” Thompson Hine Immigration Update, February 2015
- “Government Contractors Face Additional Equal Pay Obligations,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, April 2014
- “Minimum Wage to Increase for Certain Federal Contractors,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, March 2014
- “OFCCP Releases New Self-Identification Form for Federal Contractors,” Thompson Hine Labor & Employment @lert, January 2014
- Plan Now for H1-B Cap Season," Thompson Hine Immigration Update, January 2014
- Co-author, "Managing H-1B Employees In A Down Economy," Employment Law360 website, December 2009
- "Though Well-Intentioned, GINA Needs To Be Clarified," Employment Law360, May 2008
- Co-author, "Is Your Client Using Illegal Immigrant Workers?", Inside, publication of the Corporate Counsel Section of the New York State Bar Association, Summer 2007
- “Strategies Seeking and H-1B Extension Beyond the Six Year Limit,” AILA Webinar, July 2015
- “Immigration Sponsorship Options for Health Care Professionals,” client training program, 2015
- “Fostering Innovation: Increasing Your Talent Pool Using Immigration Sponsorship,” poster selected for exhibition at 2014 Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association Annual Conference, Chicago, November 12-14, 2014
- “Immigration Hot Topics,” legal update seminar for clients, December 2013
- “Employment Based Immigration,” Cincinnati Bar Association, August 2013
- “Go to the Head of the Class: Extraordinary Ways to Avoid PERM and Visa Backlogs,” AILA Mid-South/Ohio Fall CLE Conference, October 2013
- “Permanent Residency Options for Physicians,” client training program, 2011 and 2013
- “I-9 Compliance & Audits,” legal update for HR professionals, June 2012 and June 2013
- “ICE is Knocking on Doors – Are You Prepared for an I-9 Audit?” Lorman Education Services, March 2011 and February 2013
- “Work Sponsorship Options for Health Care Professionals,” client training program, 2010
- “Tricks of the Trade – How to Detect Fraudulent Documents,” client training program, 2011 and 2012
- “Seven Deadly Wage and Hour Mistakes,” Labor & Employment seminar (co-presented with Stephen Richey), May 20, 2008
- “I-9 Compliance Training,” client HR summit, presented annually since 2007
- “Hiring Foreign Nationals: Recruitment through the First Day of Employment,” Labor & Employment seminar, May 24, 2007
- “Immigration Reform Update: Impact on Employers,” Labor & Employment seminar, May 24, 2007
- Rising Star, YWCA Academy of Career Women of Achievement, 2012
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
- Hoxworth Blood Center, University of Cincinnati, Community Advisory Board, 2014-present
- WE Lead – Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber’s Development Program for Women, Class 9
- ArtsWave Campaign, funds development, 2013
- C-Change – Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber’s Leadership Development Program for Young Professionals, Class of 2010
- Run For Kids, co-chair, 9th and 10th Annual 5k Run For Kids
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association, Ohio Chapter President-Elect, 2015
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Secretary, Immigration Committee, 2011-present
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, Board of Trustees, 2010-2014
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Board of Trustees, 2010-2012
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section Executive Board, 2008-2013
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Nominating Committee, 2008-2009 and 2012-2013