Carolyn M. Cole
Carolyn is an associate in the firm's Product Liability Litigation practice group. She focuses her practice on mass tort and product liability litigation and defends manufacturers of commercial food processing equipment, asbestos-containing products and medical devices. Carolyn has also been involved in the firm's pro bono work.
While in law school, Carolyn served as Vice President of General Fundraising for the Public Interest Law Foundation, Co-Chair of the Community Service Committee for the Student Bar Association and Symposium Editor for The Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution. Carolyn also worked as a law clerk for a tort defense firm where she gained experience in construction defects, negligence in employment and personal injury cases.
- Co-author, “Intense Scrutiny of Class Counsel Fees,” Thompson Hine Product Liability eNewsletter, Fall 2015
- Co-author, “Consent Through Registration: Expanding General Jurisdiction After Daimler,” Thompson Hine Product Liability eNewsletter, Fall 2015
- Co-author, “Intense Scrutiny of Class Counsel’s Fees,” DRI For the Defense, August 2015
- Co-Author, “The Latest Discovery Tool: Social Media,” Thompson Hine Product Liability eNewsletter, Winter 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards: Torts, Legal Negotiations and Special Education Advocacy
- Dean’s Special Award for outstanding leadership and contributions to the Moritz College of Law
- First Place Finalist, Moritz College of Law Representation in Mediation Competition 2014
- Public Service Fellow
- Member, Defense Research Institute; Product Liability Committee, Toxic Tort and Environmental Law Committee, Drug and Medical Device Committee, Young Lawyers Committee
- Member, Federal Bar Association for the Northern District of Ohio
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Participant, Glass Leadership Institute (a development program for the Anti-Defamation League)
- Volunteer, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association 3Rs program