Sarah is a partner in the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. She counsels clients in a wide variety of areas, including:
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations
- Capital raising and financing activities
- Executive employment and separations
- Equity and equity-based compensation
- Commercial agreements
- Entity formation, organization and governance
Sarah's experience includes negotiating and drafting transactional documents, primarily on behalf of private companies, as well as advising on various complex corporate issues, including governance matters. In addition, Sarah regularly works with insurance companies on corporate, regulatory and government relations matters.
Prior to attending law school, Sarah was a financial analyst for both IBM and Express.
Mergers, Acquisitions and Reorganizations
Represent companies and shareholders/members in corporate restructurings and change-in-control transactions. Representative transactions include:
- Represent 50% owner of a specialty manufacturing business in the $315 million+ sale of the business to a private equity fund.
- Represent Ohio-domiciled mutual insurance company in connection with its demutualization and subsequent merger with two out-of state reciprocal insurance companies and their respective management companies.
- Represent owners of car dealerships to third parties in connection with implementation of owner’s personal and business succession planning goals.
- Represent seller/founder in sale of lead generation business to competitor.
- Represent owners of telephone company in sale of company to out-of-state third party.
- Represent telephone company in connection with sale of partnership interest in cellular provider.
- Represent owners of private companies in the sale, restructuring and/or reorganization of a business in the event of controversies among the owners.
Capital Raising and Financing Activities
- Represent several companies in raising equity and debt from venture capital funds, private equity firms, and other specialty financing sources associated with the State of Ohio.
Executive Employment and Separations
- Represent companies and senior executives in the negotiation of employment packages, including equity compensation, non-competition agreements and separation agreements.
Equity and Equity-Based Compensation
- Develop and implement complicated equity and equity-based compensation plans, including incentive stock options, restricted stock and phantom equity.
- Negotiate numerous commercial contracts on behalf of privately and closely held companies, including sales, service and licensing agreements.
Entity Formation, Organization and Governance
- Advise private companies on various corporate governance issues.
- Serve as outside “general counsel” to private companies at all stages of the business life-cycle.
- Provide organizational and structural advice, including negotiation and drafting of complex Operating Agreements, Stockholder Agreements and Buy/Sell Agreements.
- Advise insurance companies on various regulatory matters before the Ohio Department of Insurance, including seeking approval from the Ohio Department of Insurance in connection with change-in-control transactions and preparing and making filings required of Ohio insurance companies that are members of a holding company structure.
- Liaison with the Ohio Department of Commerce and video service providers on matters related to Video Service Authorizations issued by the Department of Commerce.
- Selected for inclusion in Rising Stars by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2014 to 2017
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- March of Dimes, Central Ohio Division, Board of Directors
- Girls on the Run of Franklin County, Board of Directors
Is It Ever Too Late To Incorporate?Successful Business News
February 11, 2015