Jonathon H. Vinocur
Jonathon is a partner in the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. His practice is focused on representing emerging technology companies, angel investors and venture capital firms. He advises company-side clients from formation, through funding to exit and has extensive experience in complex, venture-style corporate finance matters.
Venture Capital Financing and Exit Transactions
- Represented a provider of crowd-sourced graphic design services in its $35 million Series A investment.
- Represented the lead venture capital firm in a $19 million Series C investment in a medical device company.
- Represented the stockholders of an expense management software company in their exit to a reseller of travel services.
- Represented a publicly held company in its $13 million Series A investment, and the $4.5 million follow-on investment, in an alternative energy automobile manufacturer, and its $2 million Series A investment in a wind energy generation and delivery company.
- Represented a marketing optimization software-as-a-service business in multiple rounds of venture financing totaling over $11.5 million.
- Represented a provider of wireless communication management services in multiple venture-style equity and convertible debt issuances totaling approximately $10 million in investments.
- Represented the stockholders of an online ordering business in their exit to a leading online retailer.
- Represented the lead venture capital firm in an $8.5 million Series A investment in a medical device company.
- Represented a gift card industry software-as-a-service business in multiple preferred equity issuances resulting in over $8 million in investments.
- Represented a telecommunications software-as-a-service business in multiple preferred equity and convertible debt issuances resulting in approximately $7.5 million in investments.
- Represented a venture capital firm in its $6.5 million investment in a provider of call-recording and call-center solutions.
- Represented the stockholders of a modular structural armor business in their exit to a manufacturer of force protection, flood protection and erosion control products.
- Represented a medical device company in multiple sales of preferred equity resulting in over $5 million in investments.
- Represented the lead venture capital firm in a $4 million Series E investment, and its follow-on investments, in an international technology sourcing company.
Traditional M&A and Private Equity Transactions
- Represented a private equity firm in its sale of a $49 million multistate rolled aluminum operation to a publicly held producer of aluminum rolled and extruded products, recycled aluminum and specification alloy products.
- Represented the seller in its disposition of a $40 million multistate scrap metal business to a private equity-backed scrap metal processor and broker.
- Represented the seller in its disposition of a $23.5 million student housing development project to a real estate investment and management company.
- Represented a publicly traded provider of energy products and services in its acquisition of a $22 million electrostatic precipitator and emissions monitoring business, its acquisition of a $13 million power plant operation and maintenance services provider, its acquisition of a $1 million filter bag cage manufacturer and producer its attempted acquisition of a power plant catalyst cleaning and service business and its attempted acquisition of a lined pipe supplier and provider of related services.
- Represented a private equity firm in the formation of a new investment platform and related $16 million acquisition of a health care marketing and communications company.
- Represented the seller in multiple dispositions of its automotive parts and services business, including a $14 million sale to a provider of automotive maintenance and repairs as well as a $5.5 million sale to a publicly held automotive service and repair provider.
- Represented a corrugated packaging and display manufacturer and designer in multiple acquisitions of corrugated packaging and display manufacturing and design businesses.
- Represented a private equity syndicate in a $7.5 million investment in a medical device design and manufacturing company.
- Represented a private equity firm in its formation of a new investment platform and related $7 million acquisition of a precision metal stampings business.
- Represented the stockholders in their sale of a $3.5 million specialty valve distribution and service company to a private equity-backed distributor of process flow control products.
- Represented a private equity firm in its sale of a $2.5 million injection molding business to a major competitor and its attempted sale of a multimillion dollar air gun manufacturer.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 and 2019; recognized in Best Lawyers 2019 Lawyer of the Year
- Recognized in Crain’s Cleveland Business's “Who to Watch in Law," 2016
- Named a Rising Star by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2013-2017
- Recommended in The Legal 500 United States (M&A: Middle-Market), 2014
- The American, Ohio and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations