Joseph M. Rigot
Joe is a member of the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. His practice focuses primarily on the representation of public companies, with an emphasis on securities law, corporate governance, acquisition and sale transactions, and strategic alliances.
Joe's corporate experience, while a partner with the firm, includes service as a director of a New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) company, as principal counsel to several NYSE and NASDAQ companies, and as a member of the Disclosure Committees and the Compliance Committees of several publicly held companies. Joe was general counsel and secretary of Robbins & Myers, Inc., a NYSE company from 1989 to 2009.
Joe also served as partner-in-charge of Thompson Hine's Dayton office for ten years.
In addition to serving clients generally in the corporate and securities area, Joe's representative transactions include serving as principal counsel in:
- Going private transactions for NYSE, NASDAQ and OTC companies.
- Equity and debt securities offerings, both primary and follow-on.
- Acquisition and sale transactions normally in the $25 to $300 million range, involving domestic and foreign companies.
- Unsolicited tender offer transactions.
- Organizing and serving as counsel and secretary to the management committee in an ongoing joint venture.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2006 to 2015; The Best Lawyers in America, Atlanta - Mergers & Acquistions Law "Lawyer of the Year" 2013, 2006 to 2013
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2006 & 2007, Corporate/M&A
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2013
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of South Carolina
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Law Library Association, former trustee and secretary
- Dayton Ballet Association, former trustee
- Downtown Dayton Partnership, former trustee
- Eastway Community Mental Health Center, former trustee
- Wright State School of Professional Psychology, former member of the Advisory Counsel