David J. Naftzinger
David is a partner in the firm's Commercial & Public Finance, and Business Restructuring, Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy practice groups. He focuses his practice on bankruptcy and creditor's rights, banking and commercial law, and financing transactions.
- Representations of debtors and creditors in workout and bankruptcy matters, including negotiation and documentation of refinancing and intercreditor agreements, forbearance agreements, lien perfection and priority issues, liquidation and sale of collateral and debtor in possession financing.
- Representations of borrowers and lenders in financing matters, including asset based credit facilities, multinational lending arrangements, letters of credit and aspects of publicly held debt securities.
- Securitizations of residential mortgages and student loans.
- Sales of loans and accounts, including insured foreign receivables.
- Aircraft and vessel acquisition, sale and financing.
- Personal property leasing.
- Commercial agreements, including long term requirements contracts.
- Financial services products, including credit and debit cards and electronic commerce issues.
- Represented lessor of material handling equipment in development and documentation of several lease arrangements, from short term rental to operating leases with maintenance to finance leases.
- Represented two public companies as lessees in master finance lease transactions for several corporate aircraft.
- Represented a number of lessors in leases of industrial equipment and aircraft.
- Presenter of due diligence and document review, "Loan Workouts for Troubled Companies," Bankruptcy and Commercial Law Section of the Cleveland Bar Association, Cleveland, September 2005
- "Revised Article 9 Presentations," The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Biennial Law Conference, Niagara Falls, Ontario, June 2002 and the Corporate and Securities Section of the Cleveland Bar Association, Cleveland, March 2002
- "Lending Under Revised Article 9 of The Uniform Commercial Code," program director and presenter, Ohio Bankers Association/Ohio League of Financial Institutions, Akron, Columbus and Findlay, Ohio, June 2001
- Member of the panel on Financial Institutions, 2000 Securities Law Institute of the Cleveland Bar Association
- Member of the panel on Electronic Commerce Law,1999 William J. O'Neill Bankruptcy Institute of the Cleveland Bar Association
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named as one of Northeast Ohio's Leading Lawyers (Bankruptcy), Inside Business magazine, 2009 to 2010
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2008-2018; recognized in 2015 and 2018 as Lawyer of the Year in the area of Financial Services Regulation Law
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
September 09, 2014