Richard F. Carlile
Rick is senior counsel in the Personal & Succession Planning practice group. He currently focuses his practice on estate planning, estate administration and related business matters.
Rick is a former partner-in-charge of the Dayton office and former Executive Committee member.
Rick is a former lieutenant in the United States Army Artillery.
- Designed numerous generation skipping and other trusts to achieve client estate objectives and to hold voting control of family owned businesses to assure continuity of management and facilitate estate tax valuation.
- Designed numerous close corporation, recapitalization, voting trust and shareholder buy sell agreements to accomplish a variety of family, tax and business objectives.
- Designed numerous family foundations to facilitate charitable planning objectives.
- Designed numerous limited liability company operating agreements to accomplish a variety of business and family investment, tax and business objectives.
- Designed holding company arrangements, inter family installment sales to grantor trusts, tax free corporate reorganizations and divisions to accomplish a variety of family investment, tax and business objectives.
- Administered numerous estates, of all sizes and complexities, with both resident and foreign beneficiaries.
- Named a "FIVE STAR: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager," by Cincinnati Magazine, 2008 to 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Recognized for more than 10 years
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2005 to 2014