Richard F. Carlile
Rick is senior counsel in the Personal & Succession Planning practice group. He currently focuses his practice on estate planning, estate administration and related business matters.
Rick is a former partner-in-charge of the Dayton office and former Executive Committee member.
Rick is a former lieutenant in the United States Army Artillery.
- Designed numerous generation skipping and other trusts to achieve client estate objectives and to hold voting control of family owned businesses to assure continuity of management and facilitate estate tax valuation.
- Designed numerous close corporation, recapitalization, voting trust and shareholder buy sell agreements to accomplish a variety of family, tax and business objectives.
- Designed numerous family foundations to facilitate charitable planning objectives.
- Designed numerous limited liability company operating agreements to accomplish a variety of business and family investment, tax and business objectives.
- Designed holding company arrangements, inter family installment sales to grantor trusts, tax free corporate reorganizations and divisions to accomplish a variety of family investment, tax and business objectives.
- Administered numerous estates, of all sizes and complexities, with both resident and foreign beneficiaries.
- AV® Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Named a "FIVE STAR: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager," by Cincinnati Magazine, 2008 to 2011
- The Best Lawyers in America, Recognized for more than 10 years
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers by Ohio Super Lawyers magazine, 2005 to 2015
- The Dayton Legal Heritage Foundation, member, Board of Directors; and secretary
- Dayton Bar Association, former chairman, Taxation Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association Foundation, life member
- The Lawyers Club, member
- St. Leonard, member, Board of Directors
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church, member, Parish Council
- Miriam Rosenthal Memorial Trust Fund, member, Trust Committee; and secretary
- University of Dayton's Institute for Learning in Retirement, moderator
- Dayton History, member, Collections Committee
- The Salvation Army, Dayton, Planned Giving Committee
- Arts and Cultural Development Fund, member, Advisory Board
- Ohio University Foundation, Emeriti trustee
- Miami Valley Hospital Foundation, life trustee and former chairman
- Culture Works, former trustee and Executive Committee member
- Dayton Area Chamber of Commerce Tax Committee, former chairman
- Dayton Art Institute Planned Giving Committee, former member
- Dayton Council on World Affairs, former secretary
- Greater Dayton Mental Health Foundation, former trustee
- MedAmerica Health Systems Corporation, former trustee
- Oakwood Board of Health, former member
- Oakwood Environmental Committee, former chairman
- Oakwood Schools Education Foundation, former trustee
- University of Dayton School of Law, former Advisory Council member