Kyle G. Baker
Kyle is experienced with all aspects of construction law from litigation, arbitration, and mediation and other forms of dispute resolution to government contracts. He represents general contractors, project managers, subcontractors, architects, engineers, suppliers, and other construction professionals in both private and public projects. His experience spans many complex issues, including:
- Contract disputes
- Design, defect and delay claims
- Bond claims
- Bid protests
- False claims act claims
- Prompt pay act claims
- Mechanics lien disputes
- Procurement-related disputes
- Contract Disputes Act (CDA) claims
Kyle served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Maureen O'Connor of the Ohio Supreme Court and as a legal extern in the Ohio House of Representatives to the House Majority Counsel and the House Finance and Appropriations Committee.
- Representing owners, contractors, construction managers, architects, mechanical engineers, structural engineers, civil engineers and other construction professionals in various other lawsuits, mediations and arbitrations.
- Representing contractors with claims on public and private construction projects, including claims relating to differing site conditions, design error and omissions, bid contests and construction delays.
- Representing various contractors and design professionals in federal bid protests for both foreign and domestic projects before both the Government Accountability Office and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
- Advising construction professionals on various contract, claim avoidance and claim prosecution issues.
- Defending an architect from a $50 million design defect claim involving geotechnical issues on a Pittsburgh commercial development.
- Representing property owners and contractors in property foreclosure cases.
- Representing commercial property owners on tenant eviction matters.
- Author, "Recent Development: 14 Penn Plaza LLC v. Pyett," 24 Ohio St. J. on Disp. Resol. 641, 2009
- CALI Award in Banking Law
- CALI Award in Legislation Practicum
- Past Editor's Award for Outstanding Third Year Leadership, Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution
- First Runner-up, Herman Moot Court Competition