Public Companies – Corporate Governance
Our lawyers assist public companies in establishing and maintaining effective and practical systems for corporate governance. Some of our services include:
- Board of Directors Organizational Matters. We help boards develop corporate governance guidelines and charters for audit, compensation, nominating and other board committees. We serve as independent counsel for such committees, including developing board evaluation programs, designing compensation committee policies and processes and maintaining board and committee records.
- Formulating Board Policies. We work with companies to develop board policies and procedures, including standards for determining director independence, policies for interested parties to communicate with directors, pre-approval policies for non-audit fees, and so-called whistle-blowing complaint and resolution procedures.
- Effective Corporate Compliance Programs. We design and assist in the execution and ongoing evaluation of corporate compliance programs that comply with the U.S. sentencing guidelines.
- Related Party Matters and Conflicts of Interest. We work with boards to develop policies regarding related party transactions and other potential conflicts of interest and the approval and disclosure of such transactions.
- Director and Officer Indemnification and Insurance. We design and review director and officer indemnification programs to help our clients provide robust protection for their directors and officers and review and negotiate D&O insurance policy applications and binders to ensure that they meet client goals.