Our International Trade & Customs practice group is dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges of the global economy.
Clients turn to us for our experience taking advantage of global market opportunities and avoiding liability under international trade rules. We advise domestic and foreign clients on a broad range of U.S. laws and programs affecting trade in goods and services (imports and exports) and foreign investment. We also represent clients in international trade negotiations and disputes, and assist them with trade policy matters.
We help clients that import or export goods or services avoid many problems, including:
- Civil and criminal penalties (fines and prison time)
- Supply chain disruption
- Intellectual property theft
- Tariffs, quotas and other market barriers
We use international trade rules to help clients level the global playing field by increasing access to foreign markets or remedying unfair trade practices at home. We provide strategic advice on a wide range of issues:
- Regulatory compliance
- Enforcement actions
- Agency investigations
- Court litigation
- World Trade Organization and Free Trade Agreement negotiations and dispute settlement
- Lobbying the U.S. and other governments