Our multidisciplinary international practice provides comprehensive counsel to companies doing business on a global basis. We help our clients achieve their international business goals and overcome the challenges posed by cross-border business dealings, including unfamiliar laws, alternative business practices, cultural differences, bureaucratic red tape and foreign language issues.
We have extensive experience helping clients prioritize, structure, document and achieve their global business objectives. We are able to enhance our capabilities by utilizing our network of relationships with select law firms in key jurisdictions around the world. This network extends our reach far beyond the U.S. market and provides clients with the full range of qualified legal advice, enabling us to collaborate with trusted foreign counsel appropriate to the project or matter at hand. As a result, we frequently represent clients in challenging and high-profile international matters in Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Lawyers in our international practice provide services covering a broad range of matters, including:
- Business insolvency, restructuring and workouts
- Construction projects
- Corporate finance, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other corporate transactions
- Cross-border taxation issues
- Distribution and agency agreements
- Employment and immigration
- Environmental issues
- Infrastructure planning; privacy and data security
- Intellectual property protection and licensing
- International litigation, arbitration and dispute resolution
- Product regulatory and liability issues
- Real estate acquisitions, dispositions, development, leasing and financing
- Sophisticated project finance, bank financing, capital markets, securities offerings and securitizations and other structured finance matters
- Transportation strategies and regulatory issues
Additionally, our International Trade & Customs group advises multinational corporations on the full range of international rules and federal laws and programs affecting imports and exports of goods and services into and from the United States. We help companies take full advantage of international agreements that regulate trade, such as the WTO and the NAFTA, and advise sovereigns on negotiations and disputes arising under these agreements.
Our international practice includes lawyers who are fluent in many languages. Several of our lawyers are licensed or admitted practitioners in key foreign jurisdictions.
Because we employ a multidisciplinary approach to serving our clients, we are able to address the full range of business issues faced by U.S. companies conducting business on a global basis and non-U.S. companies with interests in the United States.