Without effective counsel, businesses grappling with matters raising unfair competition or consumer protection issues can find themselves at sea. We assist clients across the full spectrum of issues, and the following are examples of our representation:
- Counseling firms on compliance with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) advertising-substantiation requirements.
- Representing firms under investigation for, or charged with, violations of Section 5(a) of the FTC Act or state statutes prohibiting unfair methods of competition or unfair or deceptive acts or practices.
- Representing firms in Lanham Act false advertising and trademark infringement litigation, both as plaintiffs and defendants.
- Representing firms in copyright infringement litigation, both as plaintiffs and defendants.
- Representing firms in trade secret misappropriation litigation, both as plaintiffs and defendants.
- Assisting firms in developing strategies for protection of confidential business information and trade secrets, including drafting state-specific noncompetition covenants.
- Counseling firms on compliance with federal and state consumer protection laws and regulations, including Section 5(a) of the FTC Act.
- Counseling clients on compliance with U.S. and European Union privacy and data protection regulations.
- Assisting clients in responding to data security breaches.