Karen is a partner in the Real Estate practice group. She focuses her practice in the areas of financing, leasing, loan restructurings and workouts, acquisitions and sales, and lending and loan portfolio note sales and purchases.
Karen represents lenders and debtors in connection with commercial and mezzanine loans secured by real property and other assets, commercial construction financing, and workouts and foreclosures. She also advises lenders and debtors on restructuring defaulted loans and refinancings and negotiating forbearance agreements, waivers and amendments to loan documentation. In addition, Karen prepares and negotiates leases on behalf of landlords and tenants of commercial, industrial and office properties and negotiates and closes sales contracts for sellers and purchasers of real property.
Prior to entering private practice, Karen served as an assistant prosecutor in the Morris County, New Jersey Prosecutor's Office.
Karen is admitted to practice in the states of New York and New Jersey.
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1995, Seton Hall Journal of Sport Law, editor-in-chief
- Stonehill College, B.A., 1992, cum laude
A representative sampling of Karen's experience includes:
- Representing the lead lender in the $420 million acquisition financing of nine shopping centers located in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
- Representing the lender in closing a $100 million permanent mortgage loan on a $10 million equity bridge loan and a $15 million mezzanine loan for a mixed use property in New York.
- Representing the purchaser in connection with the due diligence review of a $1.4 billion loan portfolio purchase.
- Representing the lender in the financing of a $50 million mortgage and construction loan note purchase secured by property in New York.
- Representing the lender in a $35 million hotel acquisition financing on a ground lease property.
- Representing lenders in a number of acquisition, construction, mezzanine and project loans ranging in size from $3 million to $30 million.
Professional & Civic Involvement
American Bar Association
New York State Bar Association
Board member, Friendship Ambassadors Foundation
- Quoted in “Building Collapse Report Raises Further Queries” · GlobeSt.com, August 2008
- Client Advisory: “Is the Credit Crisis a Force Majeure Event?”