Todd is an associate in the firm's Corporate Transactions & Securities practice group. He counsels clients in connection with a wide range of domestic and international commercial and transactional matters, including acquisitions/dispositions of businesses and business lines, capital raising and financing activities, commercial agreements, and entity organization and governance.
Todd is licensed to practice law in Ohio.
- The University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law, J.D., 2007, magna cum laude, University of Louisville Law Review; Articles Editor (2006-07); Brandeis Honor Society
- Tufts University, B.A., 2001
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented packaging equipment manufacturing company in connection with multiple U.S. and cross-border acquisitions.
- Represented public company in connection with approximately $7,000,000 acquisition of complimentary software business.
- Represented owners of direct selling company in sale of 60% of business and negotiation of post-sale operating agreement.
- Represented financial services industry consulting firm in connection with approximately $30,000,000 sale to public company buyer.
- Represented owners of industry-leading animal by-product and bakery by-product recycling company in connection with approximately $840,000,000 sale to strategic, public company buyer.
- Represented international manufacturer of custom machined and heat-treated parts and component assemblies with cross-border acquisition manufacturer of material handling equipment.
- Represented subsidiary of Swiss public company in acquisition of 100% of the stock of two U.S. dairy companies.
- Represented manufacturer of pressure sensitive labels in approximately $37,000,000 acquisition of subsidiary of leading global beverage company, along with negotiation of related cross-border debt financing arrangements.
- Capital Raising and Financing Activities
- Represented growth-stage diagnostic medicine company in connection with Series A investment by well-known West Coast venture capital firms.
- Represented public company in multiple venture-style investments in technology companies.
- Represented specialty chemicals company in connection with exchange of over $100,000,000 of two series of private corporate debt.
- Represented specialty chemicals company in negotiation of $30,000,000 revolving line of credit with national bank.
- Represented international soap manufacturing company in negotiation of U.S. and Canadian denominated credit facility.
- Entity Organization and Governance
- Provided organizational and structural advice to various clients, including negotiation and drafting of complex buy/sell and operating agreements.
- Assisted various clients with multi-state internal tax-driven restructurings.
- Provided advice to European clients in connection with formation of U.S. subsidiaries.
- Reviewed, negotiated and drafted supply and procurement agreements, equipment leases, services agreements, software licenses and other commercial agreements for clients in a variety of sectors.
Professional & Civic Involvement
American Bar Association
Cincinnati Bar Association
Board Member, Jewish Community Center (2012-present)
Board Member, American Jewish Committee Cincinnati Chapter (2012-present)
Board Member, Cincinnati History Museum Advisory Board (2010-present)
Board of Directors, Jewish Community Relations Council of Cincinnati (2009-present)
Cincinnati USA Regional Chamber, C-Change Class VI Participant
Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, Young Adult Division, LEAD Program (Class of 2008-2009)
Fine Arts Fund, Business Volunteer for the Arts (2008-09)
Tufts Alumni Admission Program (2006-present)
- To Each Its Own: State Decision-Making and the Residential Real Estate Transaction, · 45 Brandeis L.J. 387, 2007
- Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small–to-Medium Sized Business, NBI Seminar, November 2011
- Venue Magazine, Great Leader Under 40, 2012
- Selected for inclusion in Rising Stars by Ohio Super Lawyer magazine in 2013