Stacey is an associate in the Product Liability and Business Litigation practice groups. She focuses her practice on the defense of claims against manufacturers of automobiles, aircraft components, medical devices, commercial food equipment, and other commercial and consumer products. She also represents corporations in the defense of toxic torts (including claims alleging exposure to asbestos and welding rod fumes). Stacey also has experience defending workplace injury and premises liability actions involving serious injuries and death. As a member of the Business Litigation group, Stacey has handled a variety of matters for banking and business clients. Her business litigation experience includes defending multi-million dollar class actions and breach of contract actions. Stacey has also been involved with the firm's pro bono work.
Stacey is admitted to practice in the state courts of Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio, and the U.S. Court of Appeals of the Sixth Circuit.
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., 2004, summa cum laude, Law Review, Executive Editor 2003-2004
- Baldwin-Wallace College, B.A., 2001, summa cum laude
- Defense of automobile manufacturer in state and federal courts in several alleged design defect claims arising out of rollover accidents.
- Defense of medical device manufacturer in actions alleging design and manufacturing defects.
- Defense of aircraft component manufacturers in actions alleging design and manufacturing defects.
- Defense of commercial food equipment manufacturer in state and federal courts in numerous alleged design and manufacturing defect claims.
- Defense of automobile manufacturers in lawsuits alleging exposure to asbestos contained in friction products.
- Defense of automobile manufacturers in numerous actions alleging claims under Ohio's lemon law and the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of aircraft component manufacturer under the General Aircraft Revitalization Act of 1994.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of employer involving a fatal traffic accident.
- Obtained summary in favor of automobile manufacturer on claim that the automobile did not get the gas mileage represented on the Monroney label on the ground of federal preemption.
- Representation of mortgage and consumer loan lender in defense of large class actions relating to the release of mortgages and financing statements.
- Defense of individuals in action alleging breach of non-compete and confidentiality agreements.
Professional & Civic Involvement
Professional AssociationsDefense Research Institute (DRI)