Rebecca specializes in Business Litigation and Labor and Employment law.
Rebecca's practice focuses on commercial litigation in federal and state courts, as well as arbitrations, and mediations including complex breach-of-contract, fraud, and securities matters. She has extensive experience litigating complex commercial, employment, IP and bankruptcy matters across a variety of industries including financial service institutions, healthcare, manufacturing, telecommunications, hospitality, suppliers, internet technology and media.
Additionally, Rebecca serves as outside general counsel for a number of clients across various industries, advising on day-to-day general business matters, as well as helping them to manage litigation, employment issues and contract matters.
Wider responsibilities include Rebecca's role as Co-chair of the firm's Diversity Outreach subcommittee. She also manages the New York office's extensive Pro Bono efforts.
Outside of her law practice, Rebecca dedicates her time to supporting community initiatives, including an annual program providing backpacks for inner city children, and books for children who spend their holidays in domestic violence shelters.
Rebecca is admitted to practice in the States of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits, the United States District Courts for the Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York and the District Courts of New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1995, Native American Academic Scholarship, Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Summer Bar Fellow, 1994
- Queens College, City University of New York, B.A., 1992, with distinction
- Investigations and Employment Practice
- Obtain pre-answer dismissal of employee complaint for severance compensation
- Successfully defend employer against multiple claims of discrimination and retaliation
- Investigate unemployment claims and defend employer designations before the
- Review and revise executive compensation contract provisions
- Counsel clients concerning confidentiality, non-compete and theft of trade secret clauses
- Defeat motion for summary judgment regarding retention agreement for professional services client
- Conduct wage and hour investigation and advise on remedial measures
- Conduct risk assessment of claims and exposure to suit based on employee misconduct
- Advise corporate clients on how to successfully defend against sexual harassment claims and
companion criminal charges
- Counsel client regarding board of directors' fiduciary duties, duty of loyalty and confidentiality
- Commercial Practice
- Pursue affirmative claims for non-profit against vendor for failure to perform
- Successfully defeat pre-answer dismissal motion in complex Medicaid regulation challenge
- Represent computer software vendor in unauthorized copying and use of healthcare software designed and licensed for use in the HMO and PPO industries
- Obtain favorable settlement for leading developer of drug information databases, software and clinical information solutions against claims of trade secret misappropriation and fraud
- Investigate Japanese conglomerate in alleged copper trading manipulation of the LME copper market
- Mediate complex software license and maintenance service agreement
- Enforce multi-tiered software licensing and royalty agreement against developer
- Obtain arbitration award enforcing a multi-tiered trade barter contract
- Negotiate and draft term sheet for purchase of internet service provider subscriber assets
- Represent lenders and other creditors in Chapter 11 and 7 reorganization and adversary proceedings
- Risk Management and Compliance
- Advise corporate clients in cost effective resolution of complex controversies pre-litigation
- Develop negotiation and settlement strategies to manage litigation and business risk
- Devise e-discovery procedures, including preparation and implementation of collection protocols
- Consult and direct IT personnel and experts for hold procedures, data collection and preservation
- Conduct risk assessment of claims and exposure to suit across broad range of industries
- Analyze client internal document retention policy and draft new governing procedures
- Revise corporate by-laws and review compliance issues
- Intellectual Property Practice
- Represent trademark owner in suit for trademark infringement and dilution claims
- Obtain injunction for medical device manufacturer for trade dress violations, compelling discontinuance of counterfeit products
- Defend global telecommunications corporation against patent infringement claims
- Represent trademark owner in cybersquatting, unfair business practices and defamation case
- Compel infringer to cease use of client’s trademark and turnover domain name
- Manage copyright infringement litigation pursuing licensing rights to a classic film library
Professional & Civic Involvement
New Jersey Bar Association
Rebecca has initiated new and expanded existing strategic partnerships with local and national organizations and their respective constituencies to advance the Firm's Diversity and Inclusion Initiative's objectives. Rebecca continues to develop program opportunities; execute diversity, charitable and community outreach projects that touch local communities and beyond.
- Presenter: “The Evolution of Social Networking in the Workplace: How to Keep Your Social Media Policy Relevant in the Face of Constant Change”, CLE Webinar to New Jersey Association of Corporate Counsel, May 2013
- Panelist: "The Continuing Tension Between Legal Ethics and Technology: What Do We Do When The Technologies Changes But The Rules Do Not?", East Whippany, New Jersey, September 2012
- Panelits: "The Continuing Tension Between Legal Ethics and Computer Technology: How Do We Avoid Crossing the Line?", Whippany, New Jersey, September 2010
- Panelist: "Traveling at the Speed of Information: Can Our Ethics Keep Up with Social Networking, Blogging and the Internet?", Whippany, New Jersey, September 2009
- Community Service Award for dedication and service to the community, presented by the New Jersey Corporate Counsel Association, November 2008 and 2011